Full-Time and Permanent; Non-Exempt; 8 Hours/Day; 252 Days/Year; 12 Months/Year; Grade: KKGeneral Responsibilities
This position is responsible for performing a variety of electronics tasks associated with the installation, testing, maintenance and repair of electronics communications and automated systems and equipment. Highly skilled in general electronics tasks associated with security and intercom systems, telephone systems, audio visual equipment and systems, and wireless radio systems. Education and Experience
Requires a high school diploma and technical experience in electronics maintenance and repair; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. At least one year of customer service experience and an Associate's Degree is preferred. Essential Job Functions
- Performs a variety of electronics tasks associated with the installation, testing, maintenance and repair of electronics communications and automated systems and equipment.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and repairing in the following general categories of electronics--security and intercom systems, telephone systems, audio visual equipment and systems, and wireless radio systems.
- Determines the nature and scope of repairs.
- Repairs and maintains electronic systems and equipment; including but not limited to; audio-visual equipment such as camcorders, curve generators, VCRs, video disc players complex security systems, such as alarm, fire, and intercom systems;
- Troubleshoots, tests, modifies, maintains and/or repairs electronic systems and equipment, especially when unusual or difficult technical problems are encountered.
- Ensures proper maintenance of tools and other electronic testing equipment.
- Recommends purchase of equipment and materials for use in installation and maintenance.
- Maintains assigned electronics area and ensures safety of the work area.
- Records and reports a detailed list of duties, responsibilities and materials used; to include all work completed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Categories :Career Education > Electronics
Support Staff > MaintenanceContact Information
- Amanda Schilling
- 800 E. City Hall Ave
- Norfolk,Virginia 23510
- Phone: (757) 628-3905
- Email: click here