Part-time Virtual Teaching Position
- Work From HomeMust Be Available During the Students' Instructional Day. No after-school or weekend classes availableTeacher - MUSIC
Terms of Employment: Up to 10 Months POSITION SUMMARY:
The teacher will implement an appropriate educational curriculum based on State Fine Arts Standards and the course pacing guides provided by the district. The teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that encourages effective student learning. This person will report directly to the Vice Principals at Proximity Learning. Approved candidates will be placed into an active teacher pool. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Administer appropriate curriculum, which is aligned with the State Standards for Fine Arts.
- Differentiate instruction and supplement content to meet the needs of all students.
- Create and maintain a positive, engaging virtual learning environment for all students.
- Develop and implement the components of an effective Fine Arts lesson for instruction.
- Analyze student progress, maintain grading and lesson planning, and provide students with timely feedback.
- Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position as assigned, including but not limited to professional development, PLC's, and department meetings.
- Maintain a professional on screen appearance by following PLI professional dress code.
- Adhere to the Proximity Learning virtual classroom expectations - arrive to class 5 minutes prior to the class start time, have camera/microphone on throughout the live class.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in a virtual classroom.
- Work cooperatively with students, colleagues, in-class facilitator, and company management.
- Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, assignments, and projects.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with instructional objectives.
- Participate as an active member with other faculty.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by company policy.
- Maintain and improve professional competence.
- Communicate effectively with your students, colleagues, and managers, including replying to all communications within 24 hours.
- Monthly observations, with provided feedback, to be implemented into classrooms for continuous professional growth.
- Adhere to policies and expectations outlined in the PLI Teacher Handbook.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Licenses and Certifications
a. Must possess a teaching license issued by a state Department of Education in one of the United States
b. Certified in relevant subject area(s)
c. Open to seeking additional out of state certifications based on class offeringsTECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS:
- Internet: Consumer-grade WiFi, or wired Internet connection
- Internet Speeds: 15 MBPS Download, 5 MBPS Upload, Check through speedtest.net
- Computer: Processor: Single Core 1.5Ghz or Higher, RAM: 4GB or higher, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 Mac 2014 or newer, No Chromebooks
- Must have two monitors: Laptop Screen + External Monitor (for laptops) Computer Monitor + External Monitor/TV Screen (for desktop computers)
- Camera: Webcam or HD webcam HD camera
- Audio: Built-in, USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- Headset: wired or handsfree/bluetooth
All teachers are qualified to participate in our benefits program. Details provided at time of interview.AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Online > OnlineContact Information
- Evan Erdberg , CEO
- 900 S. Capital of Texas Highway
- Suite 350
- Austin,Texas 78746
- Phone: 512-600-5210
- Email: click here