The teacher creates a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students. In order to respond to the individual needs and abilities of students, the teacher must work closely with other staff, the administration, and other programs of the school district. This teacher is responsible to the building principal. Essential Functions:
- Facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students.
- Establish a positive learning environment and respond to the individual needs of students.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with members of the school district and community.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Support the value of an education.
- Support the philosophy and mission of the Casa Grande Elementary School District.
- Plan and implement effective lessons, using time, materials and resources effectively for vocal music in grades K-5 and instrumental music for grade 5 students.
- Motivate students through effective communication and evaluative feedback.
- Display a thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
- Demonstrate awareness of the needs of students and provide for individual differences.
- Set high expectations for student achievement and behavior.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with others.
- Establish and maintain a positive climate for learning through appropriate classroom management.
- Maintain current curriculum and instructional practices.
- Attend and assist, when necessary, with school events such as musical programs, student recognition ceremonies, and open house.
- See that district policies are observed during all activities.
- Obtain advance approval of the principal for all activities and expenditures.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Other duties as assigned by the principal or other administrative staff.
- Individual must possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university with an emphasis in music.
- Must have a valid teaching certificate or proof of eligibility.
- Ability to fulfill requirements to be Appropriately Certified under ESSA.
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with all members of the staff and communicate effectively with parents.
- At least one year field experience (student teaching) or approved internship.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:2
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: ChorusJob RequirementsContact Information
- Brenda Tijerina , Director of Human Resources
- 220 W. Kortsen Road
- Casa Grande,Arizona 85122
- Phone: 520-876-3230
- Fax: 520-876-3233
- Email: click here