Director for Transportation DATE REVISED
: Sept 18, 2015 LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:
261 days PAY GRADE:
Hourly WAGE/HOUR STATUS:
Non-Exempt Salary Range:
$15.70 Min $22.14 MaxPRIMARY PURPOSE:
The role of the Mechanic Assistant/Paint and Body is to assist the paint and body-man in repairing the school district's motor vehicles.QUALIFICATIONS:
High School Graduate or GED preferred
Dependable and cooperative
Qualified bus driver - CDL License
Ability to pass alcohol and drug testMAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assists in the performance of body repair and painting of school district vehicles.
- Assists in the selection of paints.
- Uses paint guns properly and maintains their operations.
- Keeps his work area clean.
- Makes route number signs.
- Paints letters and numbers on all school district vehicles.
- Observes safety practices at all times in performing duties.
- Drive a school bus when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Small hand tools, drills, drill press, grinder, air-powered tools, paint guns. School bus and district vehiclesWORKING CONDITIONS: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Moderate walking, standing, climbing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside and inside, around moving objects, vehicles, and machinery with moving parts. Exposed to dampness and humidity, toxic chemicals, exhaust fumes, gasoline, and diesel fuel
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
The Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Category :Career Education > Industrial MechanicsJob RequirementsContact Information
- MARIO TREVINO
- 411 North 8th Street
- Edinburg,Texas 78541
- Phone: (956)289-2300
- Email: click here