Cheryl Howell, Early Childhood Education & School Age Programs Coordinator and Laura Poore, Oregon City Community Education SupervisorPosition Description:
To assist the classroom staff with daily duties and support children in an Early Childhood education/child care classroom setting. This position requires creativity and adaptive thinking that will support a full day program.Hours:
M-F @ 14.50 DOE. This position is an 'At Will' (no contract, no benefits).Special Requirements:
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood or Child Development Associate Credential is preferred.
- Completed at least 2 years working in a licensed childcare center, preschool, a church operated school or similar setting.
- Must be passionate about working with young children.
- Must be patient and empathetic toward students from diverse social backgrounds and who have a wide range of learning abilities.
- Hold a current Food Handlers Card and be CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Be enrolled in the Oregon Central Background Registry.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Assistant II must be at least 16 years old and enrolled in high school or equivalent program.
- Must be able to collaborate with and support the Lead Teacher.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with all staff and parents.
- Assist with implementing curriculum.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for children enrolled in the program.
- Supervise 4-10 children in both large group and small group settings.
- Assist in serving snacks/meals.
- Perform various other duties as assigned by Program Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator, and Lead Teacher.
- Must have ability to be on the floor at the child's level when necessary.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service training days.
- Must fulfill 15 hours of continuing education each year (8 must be ECE).
Job Categories :Career Education > Child Care Education
Classroom Teacher > Preschool
Classroom Teacher > Early ChildhoodContact Information
- Julie Yoder , HR
- PO BOX 2110
- Oregon City,Oregon 97045
- Phone: 503-785-8427
- Email: click here