This is for the 2021-2022 School Year
Safety & Security, District Office
Job Title: Safety & Security - Access Control TechnicianAssignment:
Safety & Security Department, Access Control DivisionMinimum Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency;
- Trade or vocational school training;
- Any combination of progressively responsible specialized experience in the commercial locksmith trade totaling five (5) years of certification or licenses:
- Completed OSHA 10 hour General Industry Outreach Course;
- Extensive knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade;
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from sketches, diagrams and construction drawings; to make cost estimates of time and materials; to function as a consultant and/or inspector in areas of specialization; and
- Current New Mexico Driver's License with insurable driving record.
- Must possess ES3J (NM Journeyman Low Voltage Electrical Contractor License or equivalent) or obtain within the first year of employment.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Must be able to read architectural construction drawings and specifications;
- Must be able to perform work in a manner that satisfies requirements established in regulations and standards governing electrical work; and
- Strong computer skills needed in order to manage database.
- Performs installation, troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance with a high degree of skill related to specialized maintenance work of doors, door hardware, locks. Instructs, trains, leads less skilled tradesmen in the completion of trade specific work;
- Maintaining and developing a key control system including training school sites on the use of Site Master, an electronic inventory control system;
- Provides excellent customer service;
- Dispatches and schedules contractors for regular and emergency work upon approval by the supervisor;
- Prepares job estimates and prioritizes materials, time, and labor, required to complete assignments in a safe, effective and efficient manner;
- Receives and accurately records all work performed in the district electronic work order system. Properly accounts for costs including hours worked, materials used and contracted services used to complete work order;
- Uses and maintains tools, equipment and vehicles assigned and assures that all is maintained and used safely as outlined by manufacturer and or preventative maintenance procedures;
- Performs all work using proper personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with the Maintenance Safety Plan;
- Assists Safety & Security Executive Director in planning projects;
- Serves as a consultant to supervisor in areas of expertise;
- Complies with state-approved New Mexico Administrative Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Education Profession and the RRPS Employee Standards of Conduct and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations, school board policies, and local, state and federal regulations; and
- Employee may be assigned other duties based on the needs of the District during the term of employment.
(8) Hours per day/250 day contract. Supervisor may assign additional work hours. Employee performs On-Call and Call-Back duties as assigned.
Employee is required to perform Emergency Call-Back.Application Procedures:
The following documents should be attached to complete this applicaiton:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate; and
- Copy of Driver's License
Minimum salary for this position is $38,437/yr. FINAL SALARY will be set based upon the minimum salary and verification of education and experience.
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Mechanics
Support Staff > Safety/SecurityContact Information
- Vanessa Burge , Administrative Assistant
- 500 Laser Rd.
- Rio Rancho,New Mexico 87124
- Phone: (505) 896-0667
- Email: click here