Position: Career and Technical Education Teacher
Department: High School
Must certified in the area of BFIT (Business, Finance and Information Technology)
General Statement of Job:
The elementary teacher will plan, organize, and implement the prepared instructional program to assist students in mastering the North Carolina objectives. The classroom teacher will work with the grade level team to coordinate projects that help promote the Project Based Learning model. The Teacher is under the supervision of the building principal and assistant principal. Bachelor of Arts/Science in Education or Field of Study (NC Certification) required.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Employment hours are 8:00am-4:00pm Monday through Friday of each school week.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity of the students.
- Prepares classes for the classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects to communicates these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the students involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the school's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Seek assistance from the EC Teachers and Facilitator as required
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law and administrative regulation.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rule governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedures and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for paraprofessionals and volunteers.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
Job Categories :Career Education > Computer Science
Career Education > Marketing Education
Classroom Teacher > Accounting
Classroom Teacher > Business Education
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Economics
Classroom Teacher > Marketing Education
Classroom Teacher > Technology/Industrial ArtsContact Information
- Ellie Schollmeyer
- 101 Hock Parc Drive
- Durham,North Carolina 27704
- Phone: 9194333301
- Email: click here