This job is posted as open until filled. However, applicants may not be considered after the minimum required posted timeline, after midnight on 5/17/2019.
This is a probationary position only for any external candidate. Internal Adams 12 candidates are encouraged to apply and the district will follow the transfer language as outlined in Article 12 of the Certified Master Agreement. Current Adams 12 educators, with questions about the transfer process or their status may contact Human Resources or your building administrator.
SUMMARY: A teacher will perform effective teaching methods to ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Utilize various curriculum resources and technologies to enhance student learning.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize District curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities. - Prepare and distribute parent communications.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom creating appropriate behavior strategies.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor?s degree or higher.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain from, or be in process with, the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) for a valid Colorado Educator License within 30 days of hire.
- Must possess the required license and endorsement. If highly qualified by content test or semester hours, with no endorsement: applicant must posses a Colorado educator license license with a passing score on a CDE approved content test or 24 semester hours in specific core content classes as determined by Human Resources.
Preference given to candidates with ELL Training and/or an ESL or (LDE) Linguistically Diverse Education Endorsement.
SALARY INFORMATION (FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES):
- The salary listed is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary will be adjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE.
- The salary grade posted is the starting salary range for Bachelor's Step 1. Salary for position may vary based on education and experience.
- Salary placement on our Certified Salary schedule is dependent on the employees' education and/or work experience. Initial placement will be at bachelor (BA) step 1. If minimum qualifications are higher than a (BA), they will be placed at the initial requirement level for this position.
- After initial placement by the district on the salary schedule, the certified/licensed employee can provide the district additional official transcripts and/or documentation to support further salary advancement.
- Certified/licensed employees will be granted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/or work experience up to a maximum of six (6) years, which includes in-district and out-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
- For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Certified Master agreement that can be found on our district website.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach a resume, please take the time to fill out the online application as well. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Job Categories :Career Education > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Instructional Support > Educational Technology
Student Services > Educational TechnologyContact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton,Colorado 80241