AtAcero Schools, we are what we believe.Achievement
- We set goalsand do what it takes to achieve them.Community
- We contributeto, respect and serve in our communities.Excellence
- We expect ourbest and strive to make our best even better.Resilience
- We learn andgrow through adversity and challenges.Optimism
- We believe inour ability to create the future we envision.Position Description
K-8thGrade Music Teacher Salary:
CompetitiveSalary and BenefitsLocation:
Chicago, ILReports To:
PrincipalHow to Apply:
AceroSchools Teachers are unique in that they realize success is built onrelationships. They focus their work on student learning. Furthermore, theywhole-heartedly believe that all studentscan learn and demonstrate that by engaging principles of distributed leadershipand distributed counseling. AceroSchools expects that all adults understand that it is everyone's responsibilityto develop students, both personally and academically.
AceroSchools Teachers know that they are responsible for the academic growth oftheir students, and they are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure success.
Teachers at Acero Schools lead the curriculum, instruction, and assessment forstudents to which they are assigned. They relentlessly pursue student growthand achievement through diligent planning, careful instructional execution, andon-going collaboration with colleagues and the school leadership team.Core Responsibilities
StudentAchievement and Success
- Ensure high academic standards are set for and met by allstudents.
- Develop and execute a rigorous standards-based curriculum.
- Differentiate curriculum, instruction, and individualizedlearning plans to meet individual student needs.
- Use student performance data derived from teacher-created andstandardized assessments to drive instructional decision-making.
Commitmentto School and Classroom Culture:
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learningand appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
- Develop positive relationships with students.
- Develop classroom rules for behavior that are consistent withthe school wide rules and Acero Schools Student Code of Conduct.
- Develop positive relationships with parents for the purposeof creating a support for students and their education program; executeassigned home visits to facilitate this process.
- Assist in promoting the participation of students, parents,and other members of the staff in Acero Schools-initiated activities.
- Collaborate with Assistant Principal to develop and executeProfessional Growth Plan.
- Engage in self-initiated focused, reflective work (actionresearch, critical collaboration, case study, or learning log).
- Clearly and accurately communicate with administration,colleagues, students, parents, and larger academic communityto improve academic outcomes forall students.
- Exhibit personal responsibility for daily work andattendance, personal appearance, student learning, and school success.
- Demonstrate collegial behavior and make professionaldevelopment contributions to the school community.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (required)
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate the academic progressof students under his/her leadership and articulate the methods used to achievethose results
- Must possess valid Illinois Professional Educator License(PEL) or equivalent (required)
- Must possess valid Illinois K-8th Grade Music endorsement or equivalent (required)
- Must hold permanent residency in the United States (required)
The nature of the work requires an ability to operatestandard business office equipment, and the ability to communicate and exchangeinformation, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintainwork files. Physical demands include the ability to stand, bend, reach high andlow, stoop, and walk around the classroom 60% of the day. In addition,candidates must be able to lift and/or push and pull 15 to 20lbs. for shortperiods of time, and walk up and down stairs several times a day.Working Conditions
Majority of work is performed in a general officeenvironment. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required toperform job duties. Also requires participation and attendance atorganization-sponsored events and meetings.
NOTE: Theforegoing list of essential duties and responsibilities is intended to berepresentative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is notnecessarily descriptive of any one position in the class.The omission of anessential function does not preclude management from assigning duties notlisted herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Acero Schools is committed to a policy of equal treatment for allindividuals. Acero Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnicorigin.www.aceroschools.org
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Early Childhood
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Classroom Teacher > Middle Grades
Classroom Teacher > Art
Classroom Teacher > Arts: Dance
Classroom Teacher > Bilingual Education
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: Chorus
Classroom Teacher > Music: Instrumental
Classroom Teacher > Title IContact Information
- Elizabeth Hammel
- 209 W. Jackson Blvd
- Ste 500
- Chicago,Illinois 60606
- Phone: 3126373900
- Email: click here