1.00 FTE Continuing Position - 7.50 hours per day - 180 days per year Position will start the beginning of the 2018-2019 School YearApplicationRequirements:All uploadsshould be in pdf format. Please use Chrome as your internet browser whenapplying for this position.
To be considered for thisposition, candidate must complete the following prior to the job closing date.
- Add a cover letter
- Add certificate information and upload a copy of ValidWA Career & Technical Education Teacher certificate with Family & Consumer Science endorsement
- Add education information and upload a copy of atleast your Bachelor transcript
- Add relevant teaching experience for past 10 years
- Add 3 references (e.g. current supervisor, past supervisor(s),co-worker). NO PERSONAL REFERENCES ACCEPTED.
- Upload a resume - Include current and previoussupervisor(s) contact information
- Complete Qualification Questions
- Complete Job Specific Inventory Questions (JSI) - Be prepared toanswer the three Job Specific Inventory (JSI) Questions below when applying forthis position. This exercise is time, and once you start, if you log off,you won't be able to complete the questions. Have your answers ready!
- Explain what goes into planning a good lesson.
- What does the phrase "Growth Mindset" mean to you?
- What are your greatest strengths as a classroom teacher?
- Complete Educator's Professional Inventory (EPI)
Salary Schedule: MEA Bachelor & Master Base & TRI Schedules at http://www.msd25.org/employee-groupsPosition Summary:
This position will provide qualityteaching and learning at the secondary level by providing intentionalinstruction at the classroom level. Thesuccessful candidate will implement quality instruction in all subject areas byimplementing professional development provided at the building and districtlevel designed to improve student achievement.MinimumQualifications:
- Valid Washington State Career &Technical Education certificate with Family & Consumer Science endorsement
- Additional Valid Washington StateTeacher certificate with endorsement preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Excellent oral and writtencommunication skills
- Successful teaching experience atappropriate grade level preferred
- Experience and/or knowledge of CommonCore Standards required
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to remain flexible to changesin assignments or situations
- Ability to perform a variety ofspecialized tasks; maintain records; establish and maintain cooperative workingrelationships with students, parents, and school personnel; work as a teammember; and meet schedules and deadlines
- Ability to use a variety of teachingstrategies which may include cooperative learning, constructive instruction, oradditional research based facilitation
- Ability to define excellence bystandards of performance
- Knowledge and application of qualityclassroom based assessment practices
- Knowledge of the unique physical,psychological and social changes students experience and a desire to help themgrow in these particular areas
- Skills in establishing and maintainingeffective working relationships with a wide variety of people
- Skills to motivate students,communicate with individuals from varied educational and cultural backgrounds,and direct and evaluate support personnel
- Skills in classroom management andorganizational techniques
This list ofessential job functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented asnecessary. Depending upon individualassignment, the employee may perform all or a combination of several of thefollowing duties:
- Prepareteaching materials and reports for the purpose of implementing lesson plans andproviding documentation of teacher and student progress
- Monitorstudent activities for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learningenvironment.
- Reportincidents (child abuse, fights, substance abuse, etc.) for the purpose ofmaintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learningenvironment, and adhering to education code and district and school policies
- Provide anexceptional educational experience to all students; communicate an enthusiasmfor learning
- Provide clearand focused instruction for all students by using a variety of teachingstrategies to meet the needs of all students to assure successful learningthrough a defined course of study
- Advise parentsand/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supportingteacher's expectations, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcingclassroom goals in the home environment
- Assess andmonitor students for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents,and administration regarding student progress, expectations, and goals by usingquality classroom-based assessments
- Collaboratewith school personnel, parents, and various community agencies for the purposeof improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions, andplanning curriculum and willingness to work with grade level team
- Directinstructional assistants, volunteers, and/or student aides for the purpose ofproviding an effective school program and addressing the needs of individualstudents and be supportive of parent volunteers in the classroom
- Utilizedistrict adopted curriculum to guide instruction
- Establish andmaintain standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productiveenvironment for learning
- Communicateregularly and positively with parents
- Maintainconsistent presence at assigned worksite and regular work hours
- Professionallyinteract with students, staff, and public
- Establish andmaintain professional contacts with students
- Comply with alldistrict policies and procedures
- Comply with theCode of Professional Conduct
- Perform related duties as assigned
Marysville School District complies with all federal and Washington State rules andregulationsand will provide equal employment opportunity and treatment for all applicantsand staff in recruitment, hiring, retention, assignment, transfer, promotionand training. Such equal employmentopportunity will be provided without discrimination with respect to race,creed, national origin, age, honorably-discharged veteran or military status,sex, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, maritalstatus, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the useof a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. The district will provide equal access toschool facilities to the Boy Scouts of America and all other designated youthgroups listed in Title 36 of the United States Code as a patrioticsociety. The following employees have been designated to handle questionsand complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator - Gregg Kuehn, Risk Management Supervisor, [email protected]
, 360-965-0110; Title IX Officer - Jason Thompson, DeputySuperintendent, [email protected]
, 360-965-0004; Section 504 Coordinator, Nancy Smith, Director of CategoricalPrograms, [email protected]
, 360-965-0051; ADA Coordinator - Ginger Merkel, ExecutiveDirector of Special Education, [email protected]
,360-965-0174. Address: 4220 80thStreet NE, Marysville, WA 98270. Website: www.msd25.org Marysville School District is a drug- and tobacco-free workplace.
Job Categories :Career Education > Culinary Arts
Classroom Teacher > Family & Consumer Science
Classroom Teacher > Science: AstronomyContact Information
- Coleen Eastham
- 4220 80th St NE
- Marysville,Washington 98270