State Licensed Electrician
Facilities ManagerJOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma, GED
- State electrical license
- Drivers license
- Evidence of knowledge and/or experience in a number of maintenance areas; knowledge of principles and practical aspects of all trades
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to work extra hours, accept calls after normal working hours when necessary
- Excellent attendance
- Must have a cooperative, friendly personality. This position will deal directly with administrators, building principals, maintenance/custodial staff, and the general public. "Whatever-It-Takes" attitude is a must.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
- Perform electrical work for the school district to include light ballasts, fixtures, electrical circuits, electrical projects, and IT requests.
- Perform work on non-electrical work orders, such as boilers, univents, controls, plumbing, construction, and grounds as assigned by the Head Maintenance Mechanic and Director of Maintenance/Operations.
- Report progress of work to the Facilities Manager.
- Notify pertinent people when work orders are complete, or if they cannot be completed for any reason.
- Assume responsibility for tools and equipment used in daily work.
- Plan projects and order materials and supplies.
- Accept responsibility and exercise high ethics to correctly manage spending of district's money when purchasing items to repair district assets.
- Track labor and material costs for projects.
- Report absences to the Facilities Manager.
- Train other maintenance employees in electrical skills.
- Work with outside contractors.
- Exercise safe procedures at all times, using good judgment in the protection of his own and others' safety as well as reporting/correcting safety hazards
- Exercise strict adherence to all BHAS safety policies and training programs assigned
- Comply with all school district policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all student affairs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager, Central Office Administration, and/or Superintendent of Schools.
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Average computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to work cooperatively with other trades and departments
- Team building skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of independent quality work
- Initiative and good productivity
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Working knowledge and understanding of OSHA safety requirements for the work being performed
- Ability to work from discussions, directions, and drawings to conceptualize and construct complete assemblies and systems
The candidate must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Sound work ethics
- Honesty and trustworthiness
- Respect for self and others
- Excellent attendance
- Proper time utilization
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to maintain composure and function effectively in a noisy, fast-moving environment and assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of students in that environment. The employee engages in physical management with students in order to maintain a safe environment for students and others.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Categories: Career Education > Industrial Electrician
Support Staff > Custodian
Support Staff > Maintenance Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Kayla Connor
- 1995 Union Avenue
- Benton Harbor, Michigan 49022