Job Title: Bus Aide Department:
: Non-ExemptReports to:
Director III - Transportation GENERAL PURPOSE
Responsible for providing support to the educational process with specific responsibilities for assisting special education students during transport to and from school and/or special activities; and ensuring the safety and sanitation of assigned vehicles. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Assist special education students and other passengers by providing safe loading and unloading from buses during normal transport and emergency situations.
- Attend unit meetings, in-service training, and workshops in order to gather information required to perform job functions.
- Enforce rules/regulations in order to maintain student safety and well-being.
- Monitor students with special needs until released to teacher, instructional assistant, and/or parent ensuring the safe transportation of all passengers.
- Prepare reports as needed to document activities, providing written reference, conveying information, and/or complying with established guidelines.
- Report observations and/or incidents; communicating information to appropriate personnel for their action.
- Secure students and/or their equipment ensuring the safety and well-being of students.
- Perform other related duties as required/assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Job related experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Other Special Requirements
- Pre-Placement Physical Capacities Test
- Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic math, including calculations using fractions, percentages, and/or ratios.
- Knowledge to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include safety practices and procedures.
- Skill to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to routinely upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
- Skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job, including: adhering to safety practices; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and operating equipment used in transporting special needs students
- Ability to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use job-related equipment.
- Ability to work with others under a wide variety of circumstances; working with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods.
- Ability to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize job-related equipment.
- Ability to analyze issues and create action plans.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to apply critical thinking/problem solving to improve work processes.
- Ability to work as part of a team; analyze situations and make accurate decisions; work on multiple projects; and deal with frequent interruptions and changing work priorities.
- Ability to work with detailed information; maintain confidentiality; and communicate with diverse groups.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Work environment is indoors and outdoors with regular exposure to weather conditions; in proximity to the roadway; near moving mechanical parts and traffic; and in confined spaces.
- The work is very heavy work that requires exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must possess the physical ability to perform the following: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity.
- Additionally, the following physical abilities are required: balancing, feeling, kneeling, lifting, mental acuity, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, stooping, talking, visual acuity, and walking.
Job Categories : Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Support Staff > Supervisory Aide
Support Staff > Transportation Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Ryan Morris , Employment Coordinator
- 1359 E. Saint Louis St.
- Springfield, Missouri 65802