is a nonprofit school management organization that revitalizes schools through a college prep and character mission. We manage three K-8 elementary Chicago International Charter Schools (CICS) on the south-side of Chicago, IL: CICS Avalon, CICS Basil, and CICS Washington Park, and are opened our first Cincinnati school in Fall 2019. ReGeneration currently serves over 1,600 low-income students, with over 93% of our students identifying as African-American. We are dedicated to closing the opportunity gap because we believe the only way for our society to build a better democracy is by rebuilding America's schools.
We are seeking a Director of Operations Fellow
who will oversee operations at the CICS Basil (K-8) campus with the Chief Operating Officer. This individual must be fearless in making decisions and conducting difficult conversations and can build a highly collaborative team to shape a vibrant school culture with clear systems. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, this individual manages a variety of operational responsibilities that include but are not limited to student records, food service, school budget, technology, facility management, and operational compliance. Qualifications:
- Unapologetically believes low-income students can become college and career ready.
- Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and long hours to get the job done.
- Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short to best.
- Adjust to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Proactive. Acts without being told what to do.
- Belief and align with ReGeneration Schools' core beliefs and educational philosophy.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills - ability to see the big picture and to manage the small details. Tenacious on follow-through while balancing organizational priorities.
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking and strategic planning skills.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to facilitate decision-making amongst multiple parties.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present effectively to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and coach highly-talented leaders.
- Teaching experience preferred, but not required.
- Experienced in schools; urban schools preferred.
- Bachelor's degree is required in Education, Business Administration, Organizational Management, or related discipline. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in operations management; five years of relevant work experience.
- Maintain inventory for school, ensuring that the school adheres to all school policies with respect to inventory, asset allocations, and asset tracking.
- Ensure school materials, furniture, and equipment are properly stored, available and accessible when needed.
- Manage all facility aspects related to safety: coordinate and train staff on fire evacuations, crisis drills, and upkeep of facility certificates.
- Oversee the school's physical condition and manage repairs and renovations with contractors.
- Work with CICS and ReGeneration Schools' information technology team to ensure that the school has a fully functioning technology infrastructure.
- Manage visitor program logistics.
- Manage the Office Managers and Special Project Coordinator. When Office Managers are unavailable or not present, and ensures the smooth operation of the main office, including mailings, attendance reporting, office machine maintenance, etc.
- Create and manage teacher, student and classroom schedules with the school principal.
- Create and manage coverage schedules (including lunch service, hallways, tutoring, testing/final exam proctoring, and other before and after school activities).
- Support in oversight of the planning and execution of school special events (i.e. staff professional development, report card night, field trips, family/parent events, etc.).
- Coordinate all aspects of student recruitment (including but not limited to brochures, open houses, registration, etc.).
- Support in scheduling routine facility maintenance with local contractors; including routine technology maintenance and repair of school assets like desks and chairs.
- Manage scheduling and use of audio/visual equipment.
- Ensure that student records are properly maintained and updated at the school (i.e. immunization records, lunch applications, emergency contact forms, progress reports, report cards, etc.).
- Oversee enrollment process including management of student recruitment, the development of the new student enrollment packet and maintaining all lottery records.
Food and Transportation
- Coordinate/supervise breakfast, lunch, and snack scheduling and distribution.
- Collaborate with transportation and food service vendors to ensure all students are eligible for transportation and free and reduced lunch meals (also manage accounts, reporting and tracking, deliveries).
- Manage all food transportation issues and communicate with parents regarding issues.
Regulations and Reporting
- With the support of the ReGeneration Schools' home office team, ensure compliance with all state, federal, and district deadlines (i.e. legal regulations, entitlement grants, health and safety laws, charter contracts, state education mandates, and workplace regulations).
- Ensure school has a comprehensive medical policy for students (including administrating medication appropriately, comprehensive log of doses and time given).
- Ensure that school follows all policies and procedures with respect to administering state and interim assessments.
- Ensure standardized test materials are properly ordered, stored and returned.
- Ensure all school accountability data is being kept, revised, and recorded regularly and accurately.
Budget and Finance
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions.
- Ensure adherence to school's fiscal policy and procedures; participate in annual financial audit process by providing documentation as needed to auditors.
- Co-Manage school purchasing process by placing orders with vendors, tracking delivery and maintaining inventory
- Participate in quarterly meetings with ReGeneration Schools to review/account for budget variances.
- Maintain and track staff sick and personal days, and attendance at professional development days.
- Co-Manage the process and communication for family engagement (i.e. monthly newsletter, parent committees, school celebrations and family events).
- Manage visitor program, requests, and records.
- Co-Manage enrichment and after school programs (overseeing after school programming with outside providers and internal staff to ensure needs are being met).
- Maintains a thorough list of pre-kindergarten programs, head start programs, youth service programs, churches, and other community organizations with which to correspond regarding student recruitment.
- Tracks student admission applications and maintains waitlist.
Competitive salary and benefits (based on experience).
ReGeneration is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.
Job Category: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager Contact Information
- Michelle Kemp
- 1816 W Garfield
- Chicago, Illinois 60609