Start Date: August 13, 2020 Terms of Employment:
- Responsible To: Director of Special Education, Special Education Coordinators, and Building Administration
- Location: McHenry East or West High School
- Hourly Rate: $13.77
- Calendar: 177 days per year / School-Year Employee
- Hours Per Day: 7.25 hours per day with a 45-minute unpaid lunch break
- Daily Schedule: 7:15 am - 3:15 pm (subject to change due to assignment)
- Benefits: Eligible for medical benefits and paid leave. IMRF participation is required.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Illinois Paraprofessional License required
30 college hours preferred
Must be flexible and adaptable to surroundings and situations
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Strong knowledge of technology Responsibilities / Duties:
Must perform all responsibilities in a professional manner consistent with district policy and practices.
Assist in facilitating the personal, social, and intellectual development of students.
Assist in establishing a positive learning environment and respond to the individual needs of students.
Communicate effectively with staff, students, and parents.
Additional job assignments and responsibilities may vary depending on the assignment and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist students 1:1 with academic, behaviors, and/or physical needs
- Assisting teachers/classroom with student behaviors and academics
- Assisting School Psychologists and Special Education Coordinators with clerical tasks
- Completing vocational assessments/surveys with students
- Assisting with progress monitoring and job coaching
- Provide student accommodations under the guidance of Certified Instructors
Other responsibilities as assigned.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Individual Aide Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Julia Pontarelli
- 4716 West Crystal Lake Road
- McHenry, Illinois 60050