KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe Opportunity
KIPP Texas is seeking a part-time Cafeteria Monitor to assist and monitor students during lunch throughout the KIPP Texas network of schools. The KIPP Texas Child Nutrition Cafeteria Monitor reports to the KIPP Texas Regional Manager of Child Nutrition in Austin, Dallas, Houston or San Antonio. The Child Nutrition Cafeteria Monitor is responsible for seating students in the cafeteria, helping students move through the serving lines, coordinating student meal card distribution, monitoring student behavior, and ensuring the cafeteria tables are clean and ready for each group of students.
This is a part-time position. Hours are school days, Monday-Friday, 10am to 2pm. Starting pay is $15 per hour.Key Responsibilities
- Assists students through the serving line to expedite service
- Assists with student meal ID cards or classroom rosters in an efficient and timely manner to help expedite the cashiering process
- Helps students with flatware, napkins and condiments when necessary
- Seats students in the cafeteria
- Monitors student behavior by circulating and interactions with students during meals
- Encourages students to focus on eating
- Encourages students to pick up their trash and leave their areas clean
- Monitor students as they use trash cans.
- Dismiss students to the restroom as necessary
- Clean tables, benches and floors between student seating
- Performs additional duties as directed by the Regional Child Nutrition Manager
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits
- Experience in school-based Child Nutrition a strong plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and fast-growing organization a strong plus
- Must be self motivated
As a full time KIPP Texas employee you are eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas' benefit plans. KIPP Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices, including medical, dental, and vision options, as well as life insurance, fertility, and disability plans starting as low as $25/month.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.