KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy
, and help us rise together
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.Job Description
Every member of the Team & Family at KIPP Texas Public Schools plays a critical role in ensuring our students have the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose - college, career and beyond. Our educators are passionate advocates for their students and their families, working tirelessly to ensure that our students have access to opportunity. In our classrooms and across the KIPP family we embrace, honor and celebrate our differences across several characteristics that construct our unique identities in our little and big KIPPsters. We are especially committed to attracting and developing individuals who share the life experiences of our students because we believe the best work we do is grounded in the realities and experiences of our families and KIPPsters. Duties and Essential Job Functions:
1. Plan Instruction:
- Plan a program of study and specific lessons that meet the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is developmentally appropriate
2. Execute High Quality Instruction:
- Create a brave and belonging learning environment
- Set and maintain standards for classroom engagement
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to the students
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with best practices & student needs
- Strive to implement the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct
3. Assess Student Learning:
- Assess student learning through diagnostics, formative assessments, and summative assessments
- Provide students and parents with feedback regarding students' learning
- Regularly re-assess the learning needs of every student for the purpose of intervention and/or acceleration toward academic and leadership standards
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations; seek the assistance of Student Support Services, S3, as needed
4. Maintain and improve professional competence
- Participate in all professional development opportunities
- Actively participate in team meeting sand serve on staff committees
- Plan and supervise a purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s), teaching fellow(s), and co-teachers(s), while coaching and supporting their professional growth
5. Community Involvement and Parent Communication:
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students, parents, and community members
6. Perform other job-related duties as assignedQualificationsKnowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Curricular Expertise: Demonstrated results in effectively leading students to academic outcomes. Ability to unpack learning standards and align lesson content to standards based on students' learning needs.
- Clear, concise, compelling communication: ability to effectively communicate with staff, students and parents verbally and in writing. Ability to clearly distill and express lesson content to students and crisply navigate students toward deeper understanding.
- Professionalism: Operate with a professional demeanor in even the most challenging situations. Work with students, staff, and parents in a way that demonstrates confidence, initiative, and dedication to meeting commitments made to students. Expresses professional presence in a way that exemplifies KIPP's values in person, verbally, in writing, and in the learning community.
- Critical thinking: Ability to analyze data and make strategic adjustments to plans at the unit and lesson level. Desire and ability to continually advance professional learning and hone one's own craft as an educator.
- Organizational ability and accuracy: excellent attention to detail in written communication, commitment to data fidelity, timeliness, and consistency in executing next steps and required compliance documentation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Texas Teacher Certificate appropriate for level and/or subject area of assignment, if applicable
- Must be considered highly-qualified based on NCLB guidelines, if applicable
- Experience in upper Elementary school ELA
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability