Truck Driver/Warehouse ClerkIMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR:
Warehouse Coordinator of Services/Inventory SupervisorFLSA STATUS:
Non-exemptEMPLOYMENT TERM: Work as needed. No guarantee number of days or hours.SALARY
: Pursuant to WV Code §18A-4-8a, in accordance with Kanawha County Salary Scale, Pay Grade D
commensurate with experience and education level.EVALUATION:
Performance in this position will be evaluated annually by the building principal/immediate supervisor and in accordance with WV State Code §18A-2-12, WV State Board Policy 5314, and KCS's Guide to Performance Evaluation for Service Personnel.JOB SUMMARY
: To operate vehicle on the public highways to deliver merchandise to and from the schools in an accountable manner. Responsible for all warehousing functions relating to the receipt, packing, stocking, and distribution of materials for the school system. Included are activities involving the accurate, timely and proficient filling of orders from stock, receipt and inspection of materials from vendors, distribution of materials to the using location as well as the storage, and inventory of stock. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
May be assigned to any of the functional areas such as instructional supplies, textbooks, custodial supplies, and receiving.
- Alternate/Backup Driver to deliver supplies, equipment, commodities, furniture.
- Responsible for operation of vehicle to legitimate destination points only.
- Advises immediate supervisor when delivery run is completed and available for additional transporting or assignment.
- Systematically loads and unloads equipment and materials according to schedule.
- Picks and fills orders from stock.
- Restocks shelves as new merchandise is received.
- Checks assigned orders for correctness and distribute as instructed. Serve as helper on supply truck.
- Unloads, logs verifies and receives merchandise into the warehouse.
- Maintains file for open warehouse shipping orders and purchase order receiving copies.
- Assembles furniture and equipment.
- Assists in warehouse maintenance duties.
- Performs minor maintenance on vehicle.
- Performs physical inventory of warehouse stock.
- Alerts management to discrepancies and stocking problems when they arise.
- Assists in moving and closing of schools when required.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- Complies with KCS Policies.
- Completes necessary training and in-service as required by KCS.
- Receives permission from building principal/supervisor to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Attends in-services and workshops as directed.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations and uses prescribed personal protective equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Continuously improves processes.
High School diploma or equivalent, pursuant to WV Code §18A-2-5; Criminal background check conducted pursuant to WV Code §18-5-15c; Meet the definition of "Qualifications" in WV Code §18A-4-8b; demonstrated competency, pursuant to WV Code §18A-4-8e (state-approved competency test) as required. Considerable knowledge of driving techniques and road safety practice required. State of West Virginia driver's license required. CDL license preferred.Clerk II
means personnel employed to perform general clerical tasks prepare reports and tabulations and operate office machines.Truck Driver
means personnel employed to operate light or heavy duty gasoline and diesel-powered vehicle.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to use motor vehicle.
- Ability to use hand cart, lift truck, pallet truck, fork truck, hand truck and other related materials handling equipment.
- Ability to perform simple maintenance on warehouse equipment.
- Ability to receive and comprehend oral and written instructions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, walk, stoop, reach, lift, load, pull, and push. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, the ability to adjust focus. The employee will lift up to 50 pounds
to perform loading and lifting.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is an indoor warehouse setting. The temperatures range from hot in summer to cold in the winter. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderately loud (20-90 dB).
The information contained in the job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned by the Superintendent or his/her designee.
REVISED: MAY 2012
Job Category : Instructional Support > Substitute Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Carol Hamric
- 200 Elizabeth Street
- Charleston, West Virginia 25311