WorkMonger, an algorithm enabled talent matching service for the education sector, seeks a Remote Digital Marketing Manager to help lead our content, email, client acquisition, and social strategy.
Requirements to be considered for this role:
- You have excellent writing skills.
- You have a high level of overall work productivity.
- You are able to write clearly and concisely.
- You have a propensity towards action.
- You have an ability to manage yourself.
- You have an ability to prioritize.
- You consider yourself a self-starter.
- You are proactive and curious.
- You don’t wait for a specific set of instructions to act.
- You have a high level of empathy.
- You ideally have prior experience in a remote team or capacity.
- You accept the stated salary range and title for the role.
- You have a basic understanding of the K-12 Education Sector.
- You have some familiarity with educational equity.
- You have a technical mindset and willingness to learn new technologies.
- You are open and respond positively to frequent coaching and feedback.
- You are an efficient and effective internet researcher.
- You hold yourself to a high standard of excellence.
- You consider yourself to be solution-oriented.
The Core Responsibilities of this Role:
- Develop a weekly Leaders in Education newsletter to be distributed to over 65k users and own the open and engagement metrics for the newsletter.
- Create a monthly Hiring in Education newsletter focused on employer needs and pain points and own the associated open and engagement metrics.
- Brainstorm and outline two to four blog posts/topics per month to direct outsourced writers.
- Edit, revise, and customize content produced by writers for our brand voice.
- Create and author marketing collateral for sales enablement including special promotions and campaigns.
- Create and design email templates using templating software (BEE Free).
- Author and host via Zoom one webinar per month including the associated visuals and PowerPoint accompaniment.
- Manage and exert ownership over the totality of our marketing lists and databases.
- Responsible for managing the in-house email system (Sendy).
- Develop the content for one to two infographics per month that will be designed by our graphic designer.
- Record and host one to two podcast interviews/episodes per month and promote the podcast(s) across our distribution channels.
- Own our social media channels including content development, distribution, measurement, and strategy across all of our social properties.
- Curate, research, collect, and annotate external content for use and promotion across channels, including the weekly and monthly newsletters as well as social media.
- Create owned branded native content for distributions across channels.
- Provide support for website maintenance and updates using WordPress, Total Theme, and Visual Composer / WP Bakery / Elementor.
- Provide support for client acquisition including assisting in the design and development of client acquisition programs including but not limited to PPC, Referral, Organic, On-Site, Trade Shows, Database Marketing, etc.
- Provide support to the deployment of HubSpot Sales and Marketing Hubs.
- Provide support to the Director of Marketing as required.
- Co-create thought leadership content with the CEO and other members of the WorkMonger team
- Serve as a thought partner in all parts of WorkMonger’s strategy.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's Preferred) or five-years of directly relevant professional experience required.
- The ability to manage a diverse workload, competing priorities and deadline sensitive projects.
- A commitment to setting and meeting long-term & short-term goals.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing and prioritizing using measurable outcomes.
- Strong knowledge of marketing strategy, social media engagement strategy, brand management, and external communications.
- Ability to contribute to the development and support of a positive team culture.
- A deep commitment to shared success.
- A high level of professionalism, customer service orientation and attention to detail.
- A desire to innovate and support an entrepreneurial organization.
- Ability to adapt, think critically, and work in a constantly-evolving environment.
- Technical expertise in Microsoft Office Suite/GSuite, cloud-based systems and database management.
- A deep passion and commitment to making a positive impact in the world.
- A belief that every individual is uniquely gifted and has something of value to contribute to society.
- An excitement at the opportunity to build WorkMonger and help scale our impact.
- Hard working, enthusiastic team player with a “can do” attitude and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to support organization priorities.
- Independent, organized self-starter and problem-solver who takes initiative to identify and assist in resolving problems, both within and beyond areas of direct responsibility.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor, positive attitude and the highest ethical standards at all times, especially during high-pressure periods.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with ambiguity and shifts in scope of duties.
- Willingness to occasionally travel for in-person team meetings 1-2 times per year.
Overview of WorkMonger:
WorkMonger is an online, profile-driven, algorithm-enabled, matching service for hiring or seeking non-teacher positions in the broader PreK-12 education sector. Our goal is to enable better, faster, cheaper hires than alternative hiring solutions and to become the dominant hiring tool and service in the social sector.
WorkMonger serves all types of organizations in the education sector, including public charter schools, school districts, education non-profit organizations, education foundations, education support organizations, education technology companies, state education agencies, and more.
WorkMonger serves talent of all levels (entry-level to C-level) across a variety of non-classroom-based functions, including academic roles (principals/school leaders, instructional coaches, curriculum design, etc.) and non-academic roles (finance, operations, data, talent, marketing, strategy, fundraising, etc.).
Location, Compensation, and Key Considerations:
- This Position is Remote/Virtual: You may live anywhere in the United States.
- This role is 40 Hours Per Week and is classified as a 1099 position.
- As a young, small organization, WorkMonger does not yet offer benefits.
- This role reports to WorkMonger’s Director of Marketing
- Candidates must have access to a laptop, high-speed internet, phone service, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Pay Band: $45,000 to $55,000 (Exact amount within band based on experience.)