ITLE: ELEMENTARY PRINCIPAL - Red Mesa and Round RockEMPLOYMENT TERMS:
Twelve (12) MonthsSALARY CLASSIFICATION:
Administrative Salary Schedule (Exempt)GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Principal will provide leadership and administration, which will motivate instructional and support personnel to strive for superior performance to provide the best possible opportunities for student growth and development, both educationally and personally.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Developing and administering the general school routine, and coordinate all activities within the school building.Participating in the selection of new teaching and classified personnel.Observing, counseling, and motivating professional staff toward performances to attain the educational goals of the District.Utilizing to the fullest extent possible, all available school facilities, materials, and staff service personnel.Continually evaluating existing programs and practices, curriculum content, and pilot or experimental programs.Maintaining an educational philosophy and school climate, which encourages a cooperative and participating attitude on the part of all teachers and students.Maintaining a standard of student behavior designed to command respect and minimize school and classroom interruptions.Resolving student behavioral problems on buses.Encouraging, initiating continued improvement in curriculum, and teaching methods in cooperation with District Administration, subject area specialists, and faculty.Identifying intellectual, physical, social and emotional needs affecting students' success in school, and taking steps to direct and coordinate the efforts of teachers and parents with staff services and special education personnel.Maintaining effective communication to keep the staff, students, and parents properly informed.Orienting new personnel assigned to the school.Planning and conducting faculty meetings as necessary.Interpreting and clarifying relationships between teachers, subject area chairpersons, and specialized personnel in accordance with District policy.Affecting or recommending changes, which will lead to improved administration, supervision and opportunity for student development.Making recommendations to District Administration on any matter, which will improve the excellence of the District.Actively participating and encouraging staff participation in parent-teacher and other community groups, as a means of developing understanding, cooperation, and respect for school objectives and endeavors.Review, authorize, or disapprove, authorizing all professional staff requests for instructional materials and equipment within the approved budget.Authorizing all requests for special pupil transportation needs of the professional staff.Attending professional conferences, seminars, and workshops in education and/or educational administration as per master agreement and/or Superintendent.Performing all other acts reasonable and necessary to accomplish his/her primary function as requested by the Superintendent.Follow A.R.S. and District polices to monitor staff professional duties and responsibilities.Develops and maintains positive, school and community relations.Responds effectively to public reaction and concerns.Follows A.R.S. and District policies for site councils.Establishes a recognition program to honor involvement of community groups and business partnerships.Performs other related duties as required. The Elementary Principal's responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to the following:
Administer to the requirements of Every Student Success Act (ESSA)School Improvement effortsSchedulingSchool Site AssessmentsTeacher Evaluations/IDPsStudent Supervision/DisciplineK-6 CurriculumIn addition, all other duties as assigned by the Superintendent. QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Master's Degree in Education
- Experience: Two or more years of teaching experience.
Arizona Principal Certification, Standard Teacher Education Certification, Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internal and external to the department.
- Ability to perceive organizational implications of recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to acquire information regarding different subjects, analyzes, select, and present information in acceptable form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management both internal and external to the department.
- Ability to discern the sensitivity of internal/external communications in a large public organization and an awareness of the elements of public relations.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, drive and/or be mobile.
Valid Driver's LicenseRESPONSIBILITY
: Access to confidential records, maintaining positive community/school relationship, meeting Navajo Nation, state, federal, and Nation deadlines.PUBLIC CONTACT
: Interacts with Community, Chapter Officials, Indian Education Committee members, Parent Advisory Committee members, District Employees, and students.COMMITMENT & DEPENDABILITY:
- Must support guiding principles as established by the Superintendent and Governing Board
- With Dine Culture as the foundation, we honor Tradition and Inspire change
- Excellence the District's goal; the exceptional drive to exceed expectations
- Willingness to be an integral member of the Leadership Team.
- Be loyal and professional to the Superintendent and Governing Board
Teachers, Secretaries, and all regular instructional and other support staff members assigned to the school.EVALUATION:
The superintendent is responsible for the appraisal of the Principals, which shall be conducted once annually.
Job Category: Administrator > Principal/Dean/Head of School Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Wynonna Henry
- HC 61 Box 40
- Teec Nos Pos, Arizona 86514