Founded in Houston in 1994, KIPP has become a national leader in partnering with families and communities, to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose - college, career, and beyond - so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
In 2018, KIPP schools in Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio joined forces to become KIPP Texas Public Schools, a nonprofit public charter school network, accelerating student academic outcomes and impacting more students across Texas. As a unified, statewide organization, KIPP Texas can more effectively leverage the talent, resources, instructional expertise, financial strength, and advocacy in the public charter school movement, in order to have an even larger impact with educationally underserved communities across the state.
In the 2020-2021 school year, KIPP Texas Public Schools will educate more than 31,100 students in 59 schools, placing the district among the top 50 largest in the state. KIPP Texas will continue to prove what is possible for its students, communities, and state, with a goal of growing to educate 100,000 students and achieving a 75% college graduation rate for alumni.
The mission and vision of KIPP Texas is grounded in five Core Values as its cultural North Star:
As a Team & Family, we:
Persist with Purpose
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.Job DescriptionThe Opportunity
The School Operations Team is focused on creating the conditions by which our schools can thrive by designing and leading efficient, safe, joyful, and just systems; working to remove obstacles to learning and find creative solutions to challenges to enable the highest level of teaching and learning; and providing best-in-class customer service to families and staff members to ensure they feel welcomed, cared for and a valued member of our community. The Receptionist is a campus based position that plays a vital role in ensuring clear and effective communications with all community members and stakeholders. The receptionist is responsible for delivering superior customer service to parents, families, and students by warmly greeting all visitors and directing them to the appropriate place or person.Key Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all inquiries including managing phone calls, messages, and in-person visitors
- Greets and documents all visitors using the verification process and ensures all guest have a visitor's badge and are directed to their destination
- Signs students in and out, keeping a detailed log
- Manages the package and mail pick up and delivery system
- Maintains the general office filing system
- Creates and maintains a welcoming environment in the reception area
- Supports school events and activities as needed
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits:
- Unwavering commitment to the KIPP Texas mission, core values and willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Texas students, families, and staff
- Bilingual; English & Spanish required
- Sense of humility, customer service mindset, and shows urgency and the ability to proactively solve problems and make decisions quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with others; strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues and community members
- Demonstrated flexibility, maturity and ability to juggle competing priorities
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a professional
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.