Founded in Houston in 1994, KIPP has become a national leader in partnering with families and communities, to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose - college, career, and beyond - so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
In 2018, KIPP schools in Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio joined forces to become KIPP Texas Public Schools, a nonprofit public charter school network, accelerating student academic outcomes and impacting more students across Texas. As a unified, statewide organization, KIPP Texas can more effectively leverage the talent, resources, instructional expertise, financial strength, and advocacy in the public charter school movement, in order to have an even larger impact with educationally underserved communities across the state.
In the 2020-2021 school year, KIPP Texas Public Schools will educate more than 31,100 students in 59 schools, placing the district among the top 50 largest in the state. KIPP Texas will continue to prove what is possible for its students, communities, and state, with a goal of growing to educate 100,000 students and achieving a 75% college graduation rate for alumni.
The mission and vision of KIPP Texas is grounded in five Core Values as its cultural North Star:
As a Team & Family, we:
Persist with Purpose
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.Job DescriptionThe Opportunity
The School Operations Team is focused on creating the conditions by which our schools can thrive by designing and leading efficient, safe, joyful, and just systems; working to remove obstacles to learning and find creative solutions to challenges to enable the highest level of teaching and learning; and providing best-in-class customer service to families and staff members to ensure they feel welcomed, cared for and a valued member of our community. The School Operations Associate (SOA) is a school based position that ensures students, families, and staff have the information and resources they need to succeed. The SOA supports the day-to-day operations procedures that allow the school to run efficiently and effectively. Key ResponsibilitiesAssists with the implementation of the day-to-day school based operations policies and procedures
Supports with school based strategies to ensure kids are in seats
- Implements the Great 8 procedures such as arrival and dismissal
- Captures all transportation changes from parents
Supports school attendance process and maintenance of attendance records
- Supports application verification calls and updates application system as needed
- Supports school events and activities as needed
Ensures clear and effective communications with all community members and stakeholders
- Makes daily attendance calls based on guidance from Attendance and PEIMS Specialist
- Documents all attendance changes and corrects attendance data
- Ensures all parent facing materials are readily available
- Schedules parent meetings with appropriate team members
- Manages all phone calls coming into the school and from the Campus Receptionists
- Prepares and sends school specific family communication
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits:
- Unwavering commitment to the KIPP Texas mission, core values and willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Texas students, families, and staff
- Bilingual; English & Spanish required
- Sense of humility, customer service mindset, and shows urgency and the ability to proactively solve problems and make decisions quickly
- Strong communication and time management skills; ability to effectively backwards plan, juggle multiple priorities with great attention to detail, and deliver consistent and timely results
- Team player with strong interpersonal and stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Ability to be calm under pressure, especially in difficult conversations with parents and staff
- Desire to continuously learn and evolve as a professional
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.