At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential.
We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.
The Assistant Server will work under the direction and supervision of the school site Kitchen Manager. The Kitchen Associate/ Assistant Server will report to the Kitchen Manager as well as the Business Operations Manager. Duties include preparation of food, serving of meals, general kitchen, and cleaning duties as directed. Supporting the Kitchen Manager in the day-to-day running of the kitchen in compliance with relevant Health & Safety and Food Hygiene requirements. Must possess the ability to work flexibly and as part of a team. Punctuality, reliability, and capacity for hard work are essential. Essential Functions
- Preparation of food, serving of meals, general kitchen, and cleaning duties as directed
- Supporting the Kitchen Manager in the day-to-day running of the kitchen in compliance with relevant Health & Safety and Food Hygiene requirements
- Operate specialized food service equipmentAssist in food production, service, and/or cleanup tasks as assigned
- Receive and unpack food and supplies
- Clean and maintain food service equipment and facilities
- Participate in ongoing professional training
- Observe safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions
- Other duties as assigned
- Manual handling
- Safe use of machinery and/or equipment
- Food Handling Certification
- First Aid and Hygiene Practice
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to supervisor direction and take responsibility for own actions
- Commitment to Rocketship's mission, vision, and goals
- Passion for working with children
- Previous experience managing and/or teaching groups of elementary-age students is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to engage and work closely with a wide range of staff members
- Ability to learn laws, rules, practices and procedures related to public education and specific to Rocketship Public Schools
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Our Rocketship DC schools have a COVID vaccination mandate. All new employees must have received their first shot prior to their 1st day of work. New employees are expected to receive their full vaccination series within one month of their start date. Failure to comply with this COVID mandate could result in termination of employment.
Rocketship is committed to the health and safety of our Rocketeers and complies with federal and state vaccine guidelines. For this reason, Rocketship is requiring employees in most regions, including National, California, District of Columbia, and Wisconsin employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Tennessee and Texas regions are not included in this requirement. Under this requirement, applicable employees are subject to vaccination as a condition of employment or subject to religious or medical exemptions. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high. Compensation:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy
and here for our Title IX Policy
. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Kenzie Kilb. Email: [email protected]
Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.