The following vacancy exists in Goshen Community Schools for the 2023-24 school year:Goshen High SchoolAssistant Varsity Head Volleyball CoachPOSITION PURPOSE:
The Assistant Coach is responsible for helping the head coach with organizing the program at the assigned school. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develops a transformational coaching statement which is clearly communicated to staff, team members, and parents.
- Assists the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses player's skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete's injury.
- Models sportsmanship-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students as directed by the head coach.
- Assists the head coach with submitting a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Participates in special activities to include parent's night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
- Performs support tasks such as distributing eligibility forms, emergency data cards, and other related records.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Attends staff development meetings, clinics and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Head Coach, Athletic Director, & Principal or other appropriate administrator.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- IHSAA required coaching classes
- Preference given to GCS employees
- Player experience
- Middle School or High School coaching experience preferred
- Experience in teaching, coaching, and sports medicine preferred.
- Strong communication, motivational and organization skills.
- Team building abilities and working in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrate success in area of application.
Per extracurricular schedule (Group #6) and experienceBENEFITS:
This position is not eligible for benefits.APPLICATION PROCESS:
In order to be considered, all applicants must have completed their on-line application at https://goshenschools.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
CURRENT GCS EMPLOYEES CLICK HERE
Please attach the following to your application:
- Letter of interest
- Up-to-date resume
- Reference Letter(s)
For questions regarding this position please contact:
Goshen High School
401 Lincolnway East
Goshen, IN 46526[email protected]
The Goshen Community School's Board of School Trustees is an equal opportunity employer. Selection of the applicant will be made without reference to race, color, creed, sex, age, handicap, or national origin.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS: Until Filled
- Position Type:After school/Evening
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Administrator > Assistant Principal/Dean/Head
Athletics & Activities > CoachingJob RequirementsContact Information
- Sarah Deegan
- 613 East Purl Street
- Goshen,Indiana 46526
- Phone: (574) 533-8631
- Email: click here