The following vacancy exists in Goshen Community Schools for the 2022-23 school year:West Goshen Elementary SchoolPermanent Substitute TeacherPOSITION PURPOSE:
- Instructs students in subject matter, utilizing strong pedagogical skills.
- If needed, administers tests to evaluate students' progress, and records results.
- Maintains discipline in classroom and in other school's activities.
- Uses curriculum maps, and other district resources to conduct lessons, considering factors, such as individual needs, abilities, learning levels, learning styles, and physical limitations of students.
- Maintains attendance and grade records, if needed.
- Supervises students in hallways, cafeteria, and other areas of the building.
- Effectively collaborates with teaching colleagues and administrators on best practices in teaching and learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Adjust lessons based on differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students
- Make modifications in lessons based on knowledge of the goals for each student's disability as outline in his/her IEP and or 504 plan
- Utilize classroom and corporation materials, resources and technology that enhance instruction
- Use assessment data to plan lessons and drive instruction
- Create a classroom environment that supports instruction
- Maintain an organized classroom to manage the classroom effectively and to provide a safe and secure learning environment for all students
- Be a positive role model for all students
- Maintain a positive disciplinary plan for all students
- Develop a repertoire of teaching strategies to reach all learners
- Communicate and work collaboratively and professionally with colleagues
- Keep student, parent and family information confidential
- Adhere to School Board policies, Corporation policies and procedures, and building guidelines
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the building principal and district administrators
- Willingness to be reassigned for a day to another building, if needed.
- Valid Indiana Substitute Permit OR
- Bachelor's Degree/Professional Indiana Teaching License
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient technology skills
- Ability to work independently and with colleagues
- Self-driven and motivated
- High energy - committed to teaching in collaboration with others
- Can motivate students
- Strong problem solver
- Skilled at communicating with staff, students, and parents
- Can model thinking and problem-solving skills to students
- Believes all students can learn
- Understands the use of data in reaching and communicating goals
- Fosters positive, validating relationships within the school community
School year - 180 days per year; 21 hours per week (3 days per week); 7:20am-2:50pmSALARY:
$17.00-$20.00 per hour, rate is dependent upon education (Schedule #Miscellaneous) BENEFITS:
Eligibility is based upon hours worked and can be reviewed during your interview.
Benefit information can be found online at http://www.goshenschools.org/hr/benefitsAPPLICATION PROCESS:
In order to be considered, all applicants must have completed their on-line application at https://goshenschools.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
CURRENT GCS EMPLOYEES CLICK HERE
Please attach the following to your application:
- Letter of interest
- Up-to-date resume
For questions regarding this position please contact:
West Goshen Elementary
Goshen, IN 46526[email protected]
The Goshen Community School's Board of School Trustees is an equal opportunity employer. Selection of the applicant will be made without reference to race, color, creed, sex, age, handicap, or national origin.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS: Until Filled
- Position Type:Part-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Instructional Support > Permanent Substitute
Instructional Support > SubstituteJob RequirementsContact Information
- Sarah Deegan
- 613 East Purl Street
- Goshen,Indiana 46526
- Phone: (574) 533-8631
- Email: click here