The following vacancy exists in Goshen Community Schools for the 2021-22 school year:Prairie View ElementarySTRIVE Paraprofessional (SN) POSITION PURPOSE:
Assists the teacher/consultant in meeting the special education students' personal, social, and instructional needs related to the individual education plans and regular classroom curriculum as needed by performing the following duties.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential functions satisfactorily.
- Assists in caring for the personal and emotional needs of students according to training provided.
- Implements activities developed by the teachers and therapists from the IEP.
- Provides instruction as directed by the teacher.
- Collects and summarizes student progress data as directed by the classroom teacher.
- Provides general supervision to students under teacher's direction.
- Monitors students' social and vocational abilities through written documentation and observation.
- Communicates programmatic information to the teacher.
- Participates, if appropriate, in IEP conferences.
- Displays flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the students.
- Provides support/ training for job situations as appropriate.
- Knows how to implement emergency procedures.
- Keeps inventory records current and tracks location of materials that have been checked out.
- Adapts classroom materials (enlarge, record, braille, produce tactile books).
- Facilitates communication process between regular education teachers and the special education teacher.
- Attends STRIVE department meetings and other trainings if required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass the Para Pro test, be Para Pro certified, OR have 60 hours of college credit
- Six months to a year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence
- Ability to plan and organize good work habits
- Other qualifications that the school district may require
School year; 180 days; 32.5hours per week; 7:40am - 2:40pm SALARY:
$14.00-$14.60, rate is dependent upon education and/or experience. (Schedule #21-4)BENEFITS:
Eligibility is based upon hours worked and can be reviewed during your interview.
Benefit information can be found online at https://www.goshenschools.org/hr/benefitsAPPLICATION PROCESS:
In order to be considered, all applicants must have completed their on-line application at https://goshenschools.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
CURRENT GCS EMPLOYEES CLICK HERE
Please attach the following to your application:
- Letter of interest
- Up-to-date resume
For questions regarding this position please contact:
Prairie View Elementary
1730 Regent Street
Goshen, IN 46526[email protected]
The Goshen Community School's Board of School Trustees is an equal opportunity employer. Selection of the applicant will be made without reference to race, color, creed, sex, age, handicap, or national origin.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS: Until Filled
Job Category :Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IAContact Information
- Sarah Deegan
- 613 East Purl Street
- Goshen,Indiana 46526
- Phone: (574) 533-8631
- Email: click here