FALL RIVER PUBLIC SCHOOLS DEPARTMENT OF SPECIAL EDUCATION POSITION:
Pre School Teacher of Children with Special Needs QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college or university with a major emphasis in Special Education.
- Certification in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Teacher of Special Needs, consistent with grade level and prototype of youngsters (Pre-K-2 or Pre-K-5)
- Preference will be given to those candidates who present evidence of substantial experience in working collaboratively with school staff while supporting special education children in regular education classrooms.
- To perform all duties listed herein and other appropriate tasks assigned by the Supervisor of Special Needs.
- To chair IEP meetings as the designee of the Special Education Supervisor and required Review and Annual Review Meetings of students as assigned by the Supervisors.
- To act as case manager in the evaluation process, monitor referrals, and maintain required forms.
- To assist in the development of appropriate educational plans as the Evaluation TEAM Chairperson.
- To insure the orderly and timely implementation of those educational plans developed.
- To work with school staff to promote maximum access to general education curriculum of children with special needs and support models of inclusion.
- In cooperation with, or as the Evaluation TEAM Chairperson, the School Psychologist and such other special needs staff members, as involved, perform diagnostic and education assessments of children suspected of, or diagnosed as having, special needs.
- As part of school TEAM, to develop and implement teaching strategies using the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks that will ensure Special Education students access to the regular education curriculum.
- As part of a school TEAM, to design and support appropriate learning accommodations in the regular education classroom.
- To confer with the parents of special needs students, as needed.
- To submit to the Principal, the Director, and/or the Supervisor of Special Education, schedules and reports as required, including quarterly Pupil Reports and Annual Reviews.
- To collaborate with other Special Educators and Regular Education Teachers as co-providers in implementing education plans.
Pre School teacher of Children with Special Needs SALARY:
In accordance with the FREA salary scale
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Category :Special Education > General Special EducationEqual Opportunity Employer
Fall River Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job RequirementsContact Information
- Megan Souza
- 417 Rock Street
- Fall River, MA 02720
- Fall River,Massachusetts 02720
- Phone: 508-675-8420
- Email: click here