Experience with K-8 curriculum, federal programs, grants management, and budgets. Proficient in software including word-processing, database, and spreadsheets. Highly organized. Ability to communicate and work well with others.REPORTS TO:
Director of Instructional LeadershipJOB GOAL:
Support the Director of Instructional Leadership and staff in the coordination of Title I and Title II Programs, professional development, and integration of instructional technologies.PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Director of Instructional Leadership by performing routine administrative assistant, clerical, organizational, and secretarial duties.
- Answer and manage telephone system for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries, taking messages, scheduling of appointments, and/or routine office procedures.
- Provide a positive district image for all visitors and personnel who desire information and/or services.
- Maintain records on certified staff professional development.
- Maintain records relative to the district and school CIP goals and action steps.
- Provide assistance and clerical support to the Coordinator of Technology Integration.
- Compile information and create clear and concise written reports.
- Maintain program-specific budgets with up-to-date expenditures and balances.
- Input data to maintain, update, and process grant budgetary information.
- Prepare fiscal reports to comply with grant regulations.
- Prepare records such as agenda, notices, minutes, and materials for meetings.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to students, the public, and other employees of the district.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of commonly used online resources, student information system, and Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and other appropriate software).
- The ability to type 40 wpm (preferred).
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Twelve-month, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Full Time Employee Benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of support personnel.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Instructional Support > Individual Aide
Support Staff > Administrative AssistantJob RequirementsContact Information
- Stephanie Niehus
- 5001 W. Dobbins Road
- Laveen,Arizona 85339
- Phone: (602) 237-9100 x3009
- Email: click here