Title of Position:
Paraeducator - EL Billingual (Spanish and/or Portuguese) - Goodnow Brothers Elementary SchoolWork Year:
2022-2023Effective Date of Employment:
As per the Paraeducator's ContractOrganizational Relationship or Line of Authority:
Works under Principal and/or his/her designee and the English Learner (EL) Director and his/her designee.Statement of Duties:
- Assists in the teaching process and works directly with children in classes and in English Language Development classes under the direction and supervision of the classroom teacher or EL Teacher in class support.
- Assist in the instruction and supervision of students, supporting students academically, socially, and behaviorally in the inclusion, small group, individual, or sub separate setting with direction from the classroom teacher and/or special education teacher, service provider or administrator.
- Support students with special needs by following provisions specified in their IEPs/504 Plans.
- Assist students with test taking in administering standardized and non-standardized tests/curriculum based measures and other assessments.
- Provide support that may include physical management such as crisis management or taking action or assisting educators, school crisis team and/or administrators in restraining students who are at risk of harming themselves or others by following school/district approved restraint procedures to ensure safety of student and others (training provided).
- Attend training and maintain certification in de-escalation and physical management techniques.
- Collect data for individual students and report concerns and/or progress information on students.
- Escort and supervise students to and from various school facilities and areas.
- Take initiative to work collaboratively with special education, general education, English learner or subject area education teachers and related service staff.
- Assist in establishing a positive learning environment and respond to the individual needs of students.
- Assist students with common daily tasks such as eating, mobility, communication, dressing and toileting, including diapering.
- Lifts and carries certain learners who need support.
- Promote independence for students with disabilities.
- Safeguard confidential information to ensure compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA).
- Responsible for other general duties as indicated by the teacher, principal, supervisors/directors, directives of the Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee, and policies of the Marlborough School Committee.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Post high school education.
- Must either pass the Para-Pro test or successfully completing 48 undergraduate credits.
- Bilingual - Portuguese or Spanish required.
- Prefer prior experience with children in a school or similar setting.
- Must be a Team Player as a respectful part of a team in demonstrating constructive, collaborative behaviors.
- Able to lift twenty-five (25) pounds occasionally and transfer heavier amounts with assistance from other staff and/or student transfer apparatus.
- Good physical agility which requires the following: frequent bending, sitting, standing, kneeling and lifting and occasional running.
- Able to work in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of student learners.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent of Schools may find appropriate and acceptable.
It is the policy of the Marlborough Public Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its education program, services, activities or employment practices.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Classroom Teacher > Bilingual Education
Classroom Teacher > Language: Portuguese
Classroom Teacher > Language: Spanish
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IAEqual Opportunity Employer
Marlborough Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job RequirementsContact Information
- Patricia Brown , Director of Human Resources
- 25 Union Street
- Marlborough,Massachusetts 01752
- Phone: 508-460-3509
- Email: click here