- Needed for all levels Early Childhood through High School.
- State preference for grade level in cover letter.
2022-2023Organizational Relationship or Line of Authority
Reports to the Building Principal and Supervisor of Health ServicesCompensation:
$175.00 per dayStatement of Duties:
- Performs School Nurse responsibilities in the absense of building school nurse.
- Performs skilled nursing procedures in a safe, competent and effective manner.
- Promote and maintain optimal physical and emotional health of students
- Provide first aid and emergency care in injury or illness to school population as documented
- Notify parents of illness and accidents, which occur during school hours and fill out appropriate accidents form
- Keep daily log of students seen in health room
- Serves as a liaison and resource to the students, faculty and community on health related issues during the school day.
- Inform teachers and staff regarding medical issues that may affect them
- Administers prescribed medication to students according to policy
- Observes health regulations, policies and procedures of the school district, Department of public Health and Department of Education.
- Maintains current confidential student health records.
- Instructs students in healthy lifestyles and first aid.
- Provide resources to students, family and faculty for school safety and environmental health issues
- Maintain Health Room and assigned equipment and supplies
- May need to supervise student(s) on transportation with medical needs on occasion
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- For RN's: A valid, current state license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts. For LPN's: A valid, current state license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- For RN's:Completion of an Associate's Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution or current certification as a School Nurse from the Department of Education. For LPN's: Completion of a Licensed Practical Nurse Program
- Pediatric experience.
- Current certification in cardiopulmonary CPR and first aid from a recognized provider.
- Licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as a School Nurse a plus
It is the policy of the Marlborough Public Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its education program, services, activities or employment
- Position Type:Part-time
- Positions Available:10
Job Categories :Instructional Support > Substitute
Instructional Support > Substitute: Nurse
Student Services > School NurseEqual Opportunity Employer
Marlborough Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job RequirementsContact Information
- Patricia Brown , Director of Human Resources
- 25 Union Street
- Marlborough,Massachusetts 01752
- Phone: 508-460-3509
- Email: click here