POSITION TITLESchool Instructional SpecialistSCHOOL/DEPARTMENT
Assigned School/ Assigned DisciplineSALARY
Teacher Salary Schedule plus supplement FLSA STATUS
Students; Teacher Assistants as assignedWORK WEEK SCHEDULE
Monday - FridayWORK HOURS
40 NUMBER OF MONTHS PER YEAR
Elementary School: 10.5
Middle School & High School: 11 POSITION PURPOSE:
The School Instructional Specialist works under general supervision to perform a variety of professional tasks to assist in the coordination of the curriculum used in the school district. The position is responsible for interpreting curriculum changes, updating teachers and principals of those changes, and ensuring instruction is aligned with student needs and curriculum goals. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of the content area and skill in applying the principles and practices of the area of assignment
- Knowledge of and skill in implementing appropriate curriculum activities and materials
- Ability to provide positive reinforcement and encourage students and/or tutors
- Ability to use active listening and constructive feedback to guide students
- Ability to assess the strengths and weaknesses of students
- Ability to prepare written materials for students as directed
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work well with students of varied backgrounds in a learning environment
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to observe and evaluate student and/or tutor performance
- Ability to analyze and diagnose student and/or tutor problem areas and provide needed clarification
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in an applicable field for applicable level(s)
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must hold a valid Teacher's License issued by the state of NC in applicable field and for level assigned
- Must possess a valid driver's license issued by the NC Department of Motor Vehicles
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- National Board Certification
- Spanish Speaking
- Facilitates implementation of curriculum.
- Communicates changes in the North Carolina standards to teachers and principals; develops and implements curricular guides to facilitate instruction.
- Coordinates and provides ongoing staff development opportunities at the district and school levels to communicate state, district, and school objectives.
- Meets with teachers during grade-level planning to assist with curriculum alignment, instructional strategies, data analysis, and state, district, and school assessments.
- Facilitates PLC meetings with teachers to review student data and to adjust instruction as needed including determining appropriate inventions.
- Stays abreast of research-based instructional strategies by attending professional development sessions and reading professional educational research.
- Assists teachers with lesson plan formats, lesson planning, and lesson plan reviews.
- Provides support to teachers in their classroom through coaching, modeling, and mentoring.
- Provides mentor support to beginning teachers.
- Meets regularly with principal to diagnose and determine school needs.
- Works towards meeting identified district and school improvement goals.
- Creates positive relationships with teachers and administrators.
- Helps schools interpret the instructional program to parents and the general public.
- Performs other related work as assigned outlined by principal; can include academic coach, testing coordinator, MTSS lead, work with small groups, or use in a combination of roles.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Instructional Support > Educational Technology
Student Services > Educational TechnologyJob RequirementsContact Information
- Teresa Cunningham-Brown , Executive Director of Human Resources
- 1712 Vaughn Road
- Burlington,North Carolina 27217
- Phone: 3364384000
- Email: click here