ALAMANCE-BURLINGTON SCHOOL SYSTEMPOSITION DESCRIPTION POSITION TITLE High School Carpentry EducationSCHOOL/DEPARTMENT
Eastern Alamance High School/CTE DepartmentSALARY
Teacher Salary Schedule plus supplementFLSA STATUS
Exempt REPORTS TO
StudentsWORK WEEK SCHEDULE
Monday - Friday WORK HOURS
Monday - Friday NUMBER OF MONTHS PER YEAR
The mission of NC secondary Career and Technical Education (CTE) is to empower all students to be successful citizens, workers and leaders in a global economy. The Alamance-Burlington School System CTE department provides a comprehensive program for students in grades 6-12. CTE offers courses in the following programs: Agriculture, Business and Information Technology, Family and Consumer Sciences, Health Sciences, Marketing, Technology, and Trade and Industry. We encourage students to earn industry recognized credentials whenever feasible.
This CTE position's purpose is to plan, organize and provide instruction and maintain instructional environments (classroom and/or shop space or lab) that help students learn CTE subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational and career goals. CERTIFICATION AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE, if not fully licensed in this areaLicense NumberRequirementsWork ExperienceCredential
- Hold or be eligible to hold Teaching License 740 Trade and Industrial Education or 74026 Trade and Industrial Education-Construction issued by the state of NC
- Must not be on the NCDPI list of teachers no longer qualified to teach and/or must not be currently engaged in a certification revocation hearing process
- Must possess a valid driver's license issued by the NC Department of Motor Vehicles
- If transferring from a teaching position from another school system in or out of state, must have received routine meets standards or above standard evaluations with no action plans for improvement
74026 Trade and Industrial Education -ConstructionHigh School Diploma, Associate's Degree or Bachelor's DegreeRelated Degrees
: Carpentry; Construction Management; Building Construction, Electrician, Electrical Trades, HVAC, PlumbingRelated Work Experience
: Construction industry with demonstrated experience in the carpentry, electrical, and/or masonry fields, construction manager, electrician, mason, masonry installer, HVAC Technician, Plumber
2 years within past 5 years with Bachelor's
4 years within past 8 years Associate
6 years within the past 10 years with High School Diploma Required prior to hire:
OSHA 10-Hour Safety-Construction Required for Continuing:
NCCER Instructor Certified Training Program (ICTP)ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Constantly monitor the safety and well-being of students, particularly when students are participating in an hands-on activity using tools and equipment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Maintain order and discipline in a classroom.
- Meet and Instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, etc. in order to communicate these objectives effectively to students.
- Create a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Provide an instructional program to meet the needs of all students.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law, ABSS policy, NCDPI and administrative regulations.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships as needed.
- Work effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office, school-based staff, students, parents and the community.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Participate in CTE Advisory Board meetings as requested.
- Contact graduated CTE Concentrator students as part of CTE Concentrator follow up surveys.
- Administer and supervise standardized test administrations in accordance with all applicable Code of Ethics, Testing Code of Ethics, NCDPI, and/or national standards and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal.
The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this position. They are not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and skills that may be required of the employees assigned to this position. This description may be revised by the supervisor, with HR review and approval, any time.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Category :Career Education > CarpentryJob RequirementsContact Information
- Teresa Cunningham-Brown , Executive Director of Human Resources
- 1712 Vaughn Road
- Burlington,North Carolina 27217
- Phone: 3364384000
- Email: click here