FALL RIVER PUBLIC SCHOOLSFALL RIVER, MASSACHUSETTS POSITION: School Psychologist QUALIFICATIONS:
Certification as School Psychologist in Massachusetts
BCBA recommended REPORTS TO:
Director of Special Education DUTIES:
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: In accordance with the FRAA contract. Closing Date for Applications: As indicated on webpage
- To administer, interpret, utilize psychological tests, functional behavior assessments and other evaluation materials, both objective and subjective, and prepare profiles and reports.
- To help school teams use evaluation and observation data to plan instruction that will help students meet learning standards and access curriculum.
- To identify students in need of support and/or referral services through observation, data collection, informal and formal evaluation, and assist school personnel in the implementation and coordination of appropriate action steps.
- To assist school teams in analyzing learning environments to provide optimum conditions for pro-social interactions.
- To assist school teams in developing, implementing, and monitoring behavior intervention plans for children experiencing difficulty in regular and special education settings.
- To provide on-going consultation and modeling of therapeutic strategies for teaching teams and support staff dealing with dysfunctional and/or challenging children in regular or special education settings.
- To provide consultation and modeling for parents as needed; such services may require in-home/after-school scheduling.
- Conduct individual, group, or facilitative therapy for children whose diagnosed problems would benefit from such intervention.
- Conduct in-service training for school personnel and parents regarding appropriate behavior techniques and strategies.
- Act as liaison and case manager for students who are involved with community professionals or mental health and social service agencies
- Chair evaluation, review, and re-evaluation meetings when designated by the Special Education Supervisor
- Maintain case records on all referred students.
- Attend staff, professional, and inter-agency meetings.
- Conduct appropriate research and demonstrate understanding of current theory(ies) in fields of psychological/social services.
- Perform other duties deemed necessary by the Director of Special Education.
The Fall River Public Schools offers all programs, activities, and employment opportunities without
regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, and disability.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Special Education > General Special Education
Student Services > PsychologistEqual Opportunity Employer
Fall River Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job RequirementsContact Information
- Megan Souza
- 417 Rock Street
- Fall River, MA 02720
- Fall River,Massachusetts 02720
- Phone: 508-675-8420
- Email: click here