Teaching Job Class:
Non-Exempt Job Grade:
Classified Contract Terms:
January 2018 SUMMARY:
Responsible for carrying out the lesson plans of the teacher for whom he/she is substituting and meeting the duties of teaching as outlined in laws and policies.Responsible for working effectively with a team comprised of paraprofessionals, teachers,administrators, parents a nd District office staff with the purpose of providing quality educational services for each and every student, each and every day, without exception. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Education and Experience:
- Adheres to the lesson plan established by the teacher for whom he/she is substituting in accordance with District's philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Meeting and instructing assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Establishing and maintaining order in the classroom.
- Maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials, equipment and facilities.
- Completes in a timely, accurate manner, roster and caseload reports, as required.
- Continually incorporates the use of technology in the presentation and delivery of
instruction to students.
- Demonstrate effective use of oral and written communications in the completion of
daily assigned duties.
- Helps all students develop competence and confidence simultaneously through a balance of acquiring basic skills and developing conceptual understanding.
- Monitors, supervises, coordinates and enforces rules of conduct and behavior for assigned students, and reinforces positive student behaviors in accordance with school and District policy.
- Observes, evaluates, reports and records students' performance, behavior, and social development.
- May need to teach behavioral skills, daily living skills, and/or adaptive skills.
- Supports the relationship between Garfield School District RE-2 and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and District staff.
- Supports Garfield School District RE-2 goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent AND;
- Current Colorado Department of Education issued Teaching License, 5-Year Substitute Authorization or 3-Year Substitute Authorization. - Colorado Department of Education.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:Knowledge of:
- First Aid & CPR Certification - American Heart Association preferred.
Knowledge of (Class Standard):
- General office procedures, policies, and practices.
- Customer service techniques.
- Variable teaching/adaptation techniques.
- Professional and technical writing methods and practices.
- Project management principles, practices, and methods.
Skill in (Class Standard):
- Strong people and computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow directions and collaborate with team members.
- Ability to remain calm and respond to student behaviors appropriately.
- Effective teaching skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Supervising a classroom, and delegating tasks and authority.
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously, under pressure, and in emergency and/or stressful situations.
- Working efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Organizing and prioritizing work to meet deadlines.
- Developing, understanding, interpreting, and communicating policies and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Work is performed in a standard classroom setting with some work being performed at various District properties and off-site locations.
- Heavy lifting, bending, stooping, standing for long periods of time may be required.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Substitute Contact Information
- Stacy Jones, Human Resource Specialist
- 839 Whiteriver Avenue
- Rifle, Colorado 81650