Department: Date Created: 03/2021 Salary Grade: 7 Date(s) Modified: FLSA Status: Non-exempt Position Summary
Under general supervision, the Educational Assistant monitors and assists students with completing academic tasks and activities under the direction of the classroom Teacher.Job Responsibilities Essential Functions
: -- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Job RequirementsKnowledge of
- Assists classroom Teachers with implementing academic instruction; provides additional explanation and instruction for specific assignments as needed.
- Organizes and monitors the use of classroom supplies and materials; may assist with the use of learning devices.
- Monitors student activities; assists students with completing classroom assignments and maintaining focus; arranges and works small groups of students needing further instruction of assistance with activities; observes and documents student progress.
- Reports information related to student development, progress, and behaviors to parents, Teachers, and other school staff as appropriate.
- Monitors classroom behavior and addresses any behavior management issues; provides emotional support to students as needed.
- Participates in organizing and cleaning classrooms to ensure a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Depending on area of assignment, may assist student with toileting and personal hygiene and mobility needs.
- Produce/make copies of learning materials.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- General classroom policies, procedures, and equipment.
- Child development.
- Learning and teaching methods and styles.
- Classroom behavior management.
Education and Experience:
- Maintaining patience and professionalism when working with students.
- Organizing work and setting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Identifying learning and behavioral progress and issues.
- Preparing clear and concise reports.
- Interacting professionally with District staff and outside agencies.
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Operating a computer and related software.
Associate degree (Teaching or Early Childhood development preferred) AND one (1) year of experience working with children; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. OR successfully passing the Para Professional exam.Licenses, Certifications, and Equipment:
Paraprofessional certification may be required depending on area of assignment.
IVP fingerprint clearance card is required.
Work is performed in a classroom environment and requires the use of standard classroom equipment.
Job Category : Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- Valerie Andersen , Human Resources Tech
- 1226 W. Osborn Road
- Phoenix, Arizona 85013