About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have twelve centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Five years out of college, our graduates are employed full-time, and over 85% report earnings greater than their parents. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree, which includes minimizing student loan debt, securing internships, and limiting the need to work while in college--we prepare them to succeed in the 21st century economy.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
- COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
- PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation’s college completion story.
- JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
- AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
- EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
We are seeking an energetic and passionate Director of Employee Experience responsible for managing the employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle. The Director will own all people processes related to workforce planning, compensation, employee onboarding/ off-boarding, hiring/benefits, performance management, employee relations, policies, systems, reporting, and people analytics. S/he will deeply inform other aspects (talent acquisition, talent development, DEI, etc.) of the organization’s people strategy.
The Director of Employee Experience will manage a team and reports directly to the Vice President of People.
Employee Experience Expertise:
- Provide depth of knowledge and understanding of employee life cycle processes and programs, data and analytics, and employment law and practices.
- Bring best practice expertise and ideas to improve and streamline processes, procedures and programs for operational excellence and efficiency.
- Lead and manage a team responsible for managing the employee lifecycle, including workforce planning, onboarding/offboarding, performance management, benefits, compensation and employee relations.
- Partner with DEI programs for talent. Partner with Organizational/Talent Development on retention processes for critical and high risk positions. Partner with Talent Acquisition on workforce planning (i.e. functional recruiting strategy/talent needs).
- Regularly assess and report on employee morale with a focus on continuous improvement, constantly seeking opportunities to better support employees and foster their professional development while supporting positive employer/employee relationships that promote a high level of morale, motivation and retention.
People Operations and Delivery:
- Provide leadership and partner with functional leaders to implement people policies, programs and practices including workforce planning, on-boarding, employee relations, talent management, diversity, compensation, training, benefits and performance management.
- Execute strategies that tangibly improve the effectiveness, efficiency, accuracy and overall results of people systems.
- Identify and recommend new and best-in-class employee policies, programs or practices that meet the business needs and support company values.
- Ensure the highest level of data management and accuracy in all talent systems. This includes developing talent reporting and measurement tools to track talent performance. Report out quarterly talent metrics.
- Own compliance and risk management related to People in close partnership with legal and finance.
- Serve as an expert in advising on complex employee relations matters.
Team leadership and management:
- Ensure the Employee Experience is a high functioning, strategic, and service-minded team that partners with leaders for organizational, culture, and workforce support.
- Manage and coach team on growth & development of key competencies to ensure team and individual success on individual goals & development.
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the Director of Employee Experience must embrace the College Track vision of transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. S/he must embody and model College Track core values and model a deep commitment to improving education equity.
Additionally, candidates must posses the following qualifications:
- 8-10 years of progressively challenging HR Generalist-to-leadership experience, with at least 2 years as a manager or Director, in human resources and/or talent preferably in the education, non-profit or corporation
- Track record of achieving strong results while building and fostering an inclusive, collaborative, and high-performance culture.
- Excellent relationship building skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with people with a wide diversity of demographic and professional experience levels across a decentralized work environment
- Strong strategic thinking skills with an ability to articulate a clear, compelling vision, use data to inform decisions and to translate strategy to plan to action
- Strong project management skills with significant experience leading change management
- Ability to coach and mentor direct reports, peers and executives on sound talent management practices; track record of driving organizational results through coaching and mentoring
- Proven ability to recruit, hire, develop and retain effective, diverse teams and to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated success in staff leadership, management, and development
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated creativity when addressing challenging situations with limited resources
- Hold a Master's Degree, PHR/ SPHR certificate or any other advanced education/ training in the HR field
- Have experience working in launch, growth and/or transition phases of organizations
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a resume and a thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.