About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have twelve centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.orgOur Impact
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Five years out of college, our graduates are employed full-time, and over 85% report earnings greater than their parents. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree, which includes minimizing student loan debt, securing internships, and limiting the need to work while in college--we prepare them to succeed in the 21st century economy.Our Values
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
- COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
- PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation's college completion story.
- JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
- AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
- EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
The IT Help Desk Specialist is responsible for supporting the organization's IT strategy and function by (1) providing IT Help Desk support, (2) assisting in the configuration, maintenance, and provisioning of our network, hardware, server, and cloud systems, (3) and supporting the overall function of the National Operations team at College Track as it relates to technology and facilities.
The IT Help Desk Specialist will work closely with the IT Manager in partnership with other program and operational departments in support of strong technology systems and support. The IT Help Desk Specialist will report to the IT Manager.
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice. Will require regular travel to branches.
- Provide best in class support across to users with a wide range of technical sophistication; this will include but is not limited to:
- Utilize Help Desk ticketing and support tools (Zendesk)
- Providing documentation and training to users
- Properly issuing high-functioning hardware and deploying software at all points of employee life cycle
- Responding and addressing to technology concerns across the organization in a timely manner
Ensuring continuous system availability
- Support site and National facilities by executing technology upgrades, hardware and software application life cycles.
- Assist in the building and maintenance of systems and processes for managing hardware and software inventory across sites.
Cloud System Administration
Skills & Experience Required
- Administer OS X (JAMF) and cloud systems that support the company's infrastructure, including operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation
- Provision, install/configure, operate, and maintain network, hardware, and cloud system infrastructure.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, students, and partners
First and foremost, the IT Help Desk Specialist must embrace the College Track vision of transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
Compensation & Benefits
- Minimum of a B.A. in computer science, information technology, or business, or equivalent experience in an IT Help Desk or comparable technical support role.
- At least 1 year (or equivalent) of experience in technology support and operations, with success in a multi-site environment that has required support to remote users, included demonstrated ability to manage data interface and integration solutions.
- Experience in a broad range of technology areas and the ability to learn new areas or systems quickly, with a particular emphasis on database administration, systems requirements definition, user support, software customization, website analytics and maintenance and basic security
- Analytical approach to decision-making as related to systems performance, work processes and user needs
- Demonstrated success in providing support to users with varying levels of technical skill, with the ability to listen carefully to user needs and challenges and respond with a high-level of customer service
- Prior success in managing vendor relationships
- Exceptional people skills, with an ability to build relationships with diverse departments, collaborators and program staff and navigate uncertainty.
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability; can work within an ambitious, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solution.'
- Takes pride in self, work and organization leading such that every task is performed at a high level of aptitude.
- Desire to grow through continuous improvement and achieve personal mastery.
- Superior organizational and project management skills with strong attention to detail.
- A history of achieving results and willingness to do "whatever it takes" to reach goals.
- A constant learner who is interested in being a proactive, positive member of the team.
- High level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence.
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization's compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.To Apply
Please upload a resume and a thoughtful cover letter with your application.We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.