Caverna Independent Schools District Position DescriptionCLASSIFICATION NUMBER: 7609
Requirements stated herein are minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities to qualify for this position. To perform the duties and responsibilities of this position successfully, the employee must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each task proficiently. "Ability" means to possess and apply both knowledge and skill.
The methods of meeting these requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. Some requirements, however, may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others.REPORTS TO:
Principal and Superintendent or the Supt. DesigneeAPPROVED: 8-8-16SUMMARY
Under general supervision, to lead and participate in the performance of skilled custodial and routine maintenance functions and activities; to perform general custodial functions in maintaining a school in a clean, safe, and secure condition; and to do other related work as required.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleaning and maintaining large buildings and adjacent ground areas.
- Perform skilled operational functions in the preparation of athletic fields and in the arrangement and setup of athletic facilities.
- May perform stage lighting and curtain movement operations and set arrangements during stage productions.
- Review and inspect the work of a custodial crew to ensure adherence to standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and safety.
- Provide technical input into the performance evaluation of custodial personnel.
- Maintain operational records and custodial personnel time reports.
- Prepare clear and concise operational summaries as required.
- Requisition supplies, materials, and equipment to ensure that an appropriate operational inventory is maintained.
- Assist in the planning, organization, and conduct of custodial personnel orientation and in-service training programs.
- Assist custodial personnel in resolving unusual problems and situations.
- May perform routine facility and equipment maintenance functions, including minor repair, part replacement, and adjustment tasks.
- Inspect heating, ventilation, and water systems to ensure adherence to operational procedures and guidelines.
Knowledge of :
Methods, procedures, materials, and equipment utilized in cleaning and maintaining a variety of surfaces, equipment, and special purpose activity centers;
Cleaning and maintenance quality control and personnel motivation techniques and strategies;
Safe working methods and procedures;
Policies, regulations, and operational guidelines pertaining to the cleaning and maintenance of large school buildings, offices, and facilities.
Ability to :
Effectively maintain work schedules and motivate custodial personnel toward the accomplishment of assigned tasks;
Perform light to moderately heavy manual activities;
Effectively lead custodial personnel and provide technical input into their work performance;
Effectively and efficiently assist in the training and orientation of custodial personnel;
Understand and carry out oral and written directions;
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 50 to 75 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must have an adequate range of motion in the upper extremities.
- This type of work may involve ascending and descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and ramps, and will involve walking or standing for extended periods.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate equipment and use hand tools, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by weather may occasionally be experienced.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and skill is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skill would be:
Three years of experience in skilled custodial work, including one year of experience in a lead or supervisory capacity.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Custodian Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Stacy Bradbury
- 1102 N. Dixie Highway
- Cave City, Kentucky 42127