CLASSIFICATION NUMBER: 7241
Requirements stated herein are minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities to qualify for this position. To perform the duties and responsibilities of this position successfully, the employee must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each task proficiently. "Ability" means to possess and apply both knowledge and skill.
The methods of meeting these requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. Some requirements, however, may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others.REPORTS TO:
Director of Food Service and Superintendent or Supt. Designee when applicableAPPROVED: 8-8-16SUMMARY
Under general supervision, to perform skilled functions and activities in cooking and baking in large quantities; to assist in the leading of food service personnel and in the maintenance of a food service facility in an orderly, safe and sanitary condition; and to do other related work as required.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare, cook and bake a variety of foods and baked goods, including cakes, cookies, breads, rolls, vegetables and a variety of entrees.
- Review recipes and menus, and estimate needed ingredients and the time required for the cooking and baking of foods and baked goods.
- Taste foods to ensure that the foods are properly seasoned.
- Wash and scour pot, pans and other equipment, and properly store cooking utensils.
- Assist in the receiving, inspecting, wrapping and storing of foodstuffs, supplies and materials.
- Assist in inventory control and in the requisitioning of foodstuffs, supplies and materials.
- May lead and coordinate the activities of other food service personnel in the maintenance of the food service facility and equipment in an orderly, clean, safe and sanitary condition.
- Maintain records and prepare reports as required.
- May assist in the training of food service personnel.
Knowledge of :
Methods, procedures and techniques of cooking and baking in large quantities;
Standard food service appliances and equipment;
Basic arithmetic, record keeping and report development procedures;
Type A lunch and breakfast program requirements;
Nutrition, dietary requirements and alternative food sources.
Ability to :
Skillfully cook and bake;
Adhere to large quantity food production and preparation standards;
Lift and transport foodstuffs, materials and supplies;
Lead and coordinate the work of others;
Understand and carry out oral and written directions;
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This type of work involves constant movement within the work area, and will involve walking or standing for extended periods.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and skill is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skill would be:
Two years of experience in quantity baking, cooking, salad preparation, and food service facility maintenance in a commercial, institutional or school food service facility.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade, supplemented by training or coursework in nutrition, and in safety and sanitation procedures, or related areas.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Substitute Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Stacy Bradbury
- 1102 N. Dixie Highway
- Cave City, Kentucky 42127