At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential.
We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.
Rocketship Public Schools is looking for a part-time facilities "jack of all trades" who is always striving to create a safe and functional learning environment. This is a part-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Regional Director of Operations. The Part-Time Facilities Maintenance Tech will work hand in hand with the Facilities Maintenance Techs in the region. The initial set of responsibilities is outlined here, but there will be significant flexibility and evolution around team roles as we work together to optimize the role. Essential Functions:
- Support the Rocketship mission, vision, and strategy for facilities and how it supports the schools and ultimately the communities that Rocketship serves
- Assist Facilities Maintenance Tech on various projects from painting to installing TVs in classrooms.
- Complete minor repairs relating to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and fire/life safety systems
- Assist with ongoing landscaping and beautification projects.
- Supports special projects as directed by the Regional Director of Operations, typically during the time periods when our campuses are closed (June - August, December, April)
- 2+ years of a maintenance technician or handyman experience
- Evident passion for Rocketship's mission, matched with a strong work ethic, and a belief that all students, including those with special needs, can achieve academic success
- PC-based computer skills and Internet navigation
- Ability to use our online work order management system (FMX)
- Experience using email and calendaring applications (Google-based applications)
- Ability to quickly adapt to new computer programs and software
- Past success at being a "jack of all trades" capable of doing everything from power washing to minor electrical work (changing bulbs, ballasts), minor plumbing work (snaking drains, unclogging toilets, fixing minor leaks), minor sheetrock repairs, and painting.
- Experience troubleshooting facilities issues and escalating when necessary
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
Requires daily travel within the region (must be able to get to the location on their own (car not provided). COVID-19:
Rocketship is committed to the health and safety of our Rocketeers and complies with federal and state vaccine guidelines. For this reason, Rocketship is requiring employees in most regions, including National, California, District of Columbia, and Wisconsin employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Tennessee and Texas regions are not included in this requirement. Under this requirement, applicable employees are subject to vaccination as a condition of employment or subject to religious or medical exemptions. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high. Compensation:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy
and here for our Title IX Policy
. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Kenzie Kilb. Email: [email protected]
. Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.