KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe Opportunity
The Campus Facilities Services Technician is part of the Facilities Department, and is responsible for performing repairs, preventative maintenance, and improvement projects at one or more assigned facilities. The Campus Facilities Services Technician will work on various systems, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and grounds maintenance. The Campus Facilities Services Technician will work under the direction of an experienced Sr. Campus Facilities Technician and/or Campus Facilities Services Manager, and will have opportunities for on-the-job training and formal professional development. As a key member of the statewide Facilities team, the Campus Facilities Services Technician will report to the Sr. Campus Facilities Services Technician. This role furthers the mission of KIPP by providing a functioning, clean and safe learning environment for students and faculty. Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the campus buildings and grounds
- Manage and maintain all building systems: burglar and fire alarms, elevators, HVAC, irrigation systems, fire systems and all other systems
- Responsibilities include basic carpentry repairs, drywall/painting, pest control, lawn care, plumbing and basic electrical repairs
- Performs HVAC, electrical, plumbing and preventative maintenance that include analysis, troubleshooting, and repairs
- Execute work orders to high standards of quality and timeliness
- Communicate with school staff and departments to coordinate completion of work orders and setup for campus events
- On call response during and after operating hours
- Perform regular inspections and do whatever it takes to resolve potential problems before they escalate
- Attend staff meetings, professional development meetings and training sessions "Continuous Learning"
- Perform all tasks, and assignments as directed
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits
- 1-3 years of facilities or maintenance related experience
- Knowledge of building systems and the maintenance and repair thereof
- Expertise in or technical knowledge of HVAC, electrical and/or plumbing systems highly preferred
- Skill in maintaining positive relations with others
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment
- Verbal communication and interpersonal skills required to work with a broad group of stakeholders with different interests and needs
- Basic computer skills required; experience in Microsoft Outlook and facilities work order software preferred
- English fluency is required; Spanish is a plus
- Reliable transportation required with a valid drivers license (may be required to drive to different facilities or to pick up supplies during the workday)
- Flexibility in work schedule
As a full-time KIPP Texas employee you are eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas' benefit plans. KIPP Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices with competitive rates, including medical, dental, and vision options, life insurance, and disability plans.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.