We seek an experienced charter school administrator to serve as our Vice Principal for the upcoming school year.
The Vice Principal will work with the School Principal and our Headquarters team to model and support implementing the school’s vision and goals. This person must be experienced, inspirational, collaborative, welcoming, and one that will hold our students to high academic standards. Further, the ideal candidate must be forward-thinking, relationship-oriented, resourceful, detail-oriented, and proactive.
Reporting to the School Principal, this is a full-time, year-round, exempt position with an expected start date of July 1, 2023.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the School Principal and Operations Manager on building security and safety, emergency procedures, transportation regulations, fire drills, inclement weather, etc.
- Take an active role in investing and mobilizing teachers to achieve the collective goals of the school.
- Own the implementation of school priorities in support of the school-wide vision.
- With guidance from the School Principal, help lead the planning and goal setting for the teachers and support staff and ensure alignment with school-wide vision and goals.
- Contribute to school-wide planning and prioritize time to accomplish goals
- Provide input into the strategic planning of the school, and identify areas of ownership for self and direct reports
- Ensure compliance and high-quality implementation of ESOL program and special education services (including MTSS, evaluations, 504 plans, and IEPs)
- Work with students, faculty, staff, and families to develop and model strong staff and student culture and manage school-wide, trauma-informed character development, and behavior management system
- Provide leadership in student management, supporting teachers in understanding processes and roles in student support and intervention; develop systems and structures to ensure that limited time is spent on reactive student discipline
- Build relationships with parents and families to promote a collaborative approach to supporting students’ academic, social, and emotional development
- Promote professionalism, positive relationships, and ethical behavior in the faculty and staff
- In coordination with the Chief of School and School Principal, evaluate and develop faculty and staff using the TKES evaluation system
- Oversee the implementation of the instructional program to ensure that all students have access to data-informed, school-approved, rigorous, and relevant learning experiences
- Regularly monitor, observe, evaluate, and make recommendations through instructional coaching sessions on classroom instruction
- Implement high-quality and ongoing professional development to support student learning and improve teacher performance
- Support in the management of curricula, class schedules, assessments, graduation requirements, and all other aspects of Fugees Academy’s academic program
- In partnership with the Dean of Students, oversee and implement Fugees Academy’s character education standards, programs, and ethical teachings in keeping with the mission of the school
- Support the Dean of Students in managing Fugees Academy’s discipline policies and exceptionally-high standards of behavior
- Supervise the school’s support systems, such as academic support, after-school tutoring program, dual enrollment, college and career counseling, physical and mental health and wellness
- Be willing and ready to learn and assume the duties of ‘district superintendent’ as part of the responsibilities of serving as a charter school Principal
- Utilize soccer, the House system, and the Pride Pass program to promote a healthy student culture in and out of school that is aligned with Fugees Academy’s Creed and core values
- Reports student progress to parents, House leaders, and after-school coordinator in a timely and constructive manner
- Support planning of school showcases, events (assemblies, pep rallies, performances), and activities that take place during and outside of Fugees Academy’s school hours
- Excellent command of the English language
- A strong sense of loving accountability and individual and collective responsibility
- Believe that all students are capable of academic achievement
- Commit to building deep, authentic relationships with students and families
- Duties and expectations are carried out in a positive, productive, accurate, and punctual/on-time manner
- Be receptive to coaching, mentoring, feedback, and performance evaluations for purposes of professional growth and development
- Charter school leadership and management experience required
- Extensive teaching experience working with immigrant students is also required
- Master’s Degree or higher in a field of education
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time classroom teaching experience, preferably in an urban setting
- Effective skills in curriculum development, instructional practices, interpretation of test data, and budget management
- State-level professional certification in a teaching or service field and in Educational Leadership is required.
- Experience planning, supervising, and evaluating the work of teachers and other school staff members
- Outstanding ability to lead and drive change, including influencing and motivating others
- Independent, innovative, and motivated by equity-centered results
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Ability to learn quickly, to pivot when needed, and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Commitment to learning and growing from feedback
- Diplomacy and sensitivity to different cultural situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative, asset-based approach when interacting with colleagues and the community
- A belief that all students can learn at high levels and should be held to high academic standards
- A demonstrated, empathetic understanding of the refugee and immigrant experience in America
- Commitment to values of integrity, collaboration, and humility with passion for the Fugees mission
- Citizenship, residency, or work VISA in the United States required
We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes the following:
- Benefits provided through the State of Georgia’s State Health Benefit Plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance covered 100% for employees and 50% for eligible dependents
- Generous employer contribution towards the employee’s retirement plan as part of the Teachers Retirement System of Georgia
- Paid holidays, days off, family leave, and backup care reimbursement