Clerical Aide (Full Time 6 hours to 8 Hours)
(Part-Time 5 or 5 ½ hours)POSITION GUIDE:
Non - Certified Personnel
Bargaining Unit Position
High School Graduate or Equivalent
Capable of typing 50 w.p.m. and performing other office tasks
Fluent in Reading, Writing and Speaking English
Must have computer experience
Must pass District Technology TestFUNCTION:
The job of "Clerical Aide" is done for the purpose/s of providing clerical support to assigned Principal / Coordinator/office personnel. Under direct supervision, the position requires filing reports into students' cumulative folder, preparing new files, maintaining an inventory of supplies and forms, keeping written logs, researching prior records of students and entering and maintaining records and documents.REPORTS TO:
MAY REPORT TO:
School StaffLANGUAGE SKILLS:
Must have the ability to comprehend simple instructions, read correspondence and memoranda and communicate effectively with all stakeholders. Must have the ability to write clear and concise memoranda, directives, or letters without close supervision. Must have the ability to orally present information effectively to parents and the general public.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains records: (e.g. student files, enrollment cards, student schedules, etc.) for the purpose of providing a reference to appropriate school staff and district staff as required.
2. Files written materials (e.g. copy of the document, enrollment records, memos, etc.) for the purpose of conveying information regarding students to the school and/or other receiving school District. The purpose is to provide and receive information from appropriate parties for action and for maintaining accurate records.
3. Maintains confidentiality of information about students, families, employees, issues, and situations in the course of performing job functions
4. Responds to inquiries of students, parents, staff, etc. for the purpose of providing information or a copy of files and/or directions as may be required.
5. Assists in the organization and filing of records; assists in coordinating annual cases as assigned for the purpose of translating and/or gathering information required.
6. Schedules and reschedules appointments/conferences with parents for teachers or principals.
7. Uses office machines and software to include multiple line telephones, voice mail, document shredder, computer, e-mail, internet, scheduler, contact listings, copier, printers, fax machine, electric stapler, etc. to complete various office tasks.
8. Responds to employees, co-workers, and superiors in a cooperative and professional manner; provides support to other department personnel by responding to requests for information and assistance; facilitates a respectful, friendly atmosphere in the workplace.
9. Greets the public in a pleasant, composed and cordial manner, using professional language' speaking clearly and effectively.
10. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the School Principal or his / her designee.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Usually, normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.The information contained in this job description is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties performed by the individual holding this position may be assigned.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- NATACIA CAMPBELL TOMINOV
- 420 N Raynor Ave
- Joliet, Illinois 60435