Job Description Job Title: Camp Bennett - Adult Camp Teacher/Counselor Report to: Camp DirectorDepartment: Special Programs Number of days: Up to 18 hoursCompensation: Per Negotiated Agreement ($20.00)Position Summary
: To instruct a group of adults with disabilities daily in an effort to provide them with instruction in the area of Music and Rhythm. Providing assistance, physical help, and emotional support they need to gain as full benefits from the district's adult with disabilities camp program as possible. Qualifications/Job Requirements
- Oklahoma Teacher Certification, Special Education Preferred
- Ability to swim
- Prior experience with special needs individuals in camp programs or related activities, preferred
- Ability to supervise paraprofessional staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and assist the adult(s) to whom assigned in such physical tasks as putting on and taking off of outerwear and swim suits, moving from activity to activity, using the laboratory, toileting, diapering, feeding, and other tasks related to personal hygiene
- Performs simple errands and tasks for adult(s) such as organizing and participating in all activities with assigned adults, carrying lunch trays, assists with wheel chairs, lifting, and positioning
- Supervision of the assigned assistant counselor (paraprofessional), works with small groups of adults to reinforce activities initially introduced by the teacher of specific activity.
- Accompanies the adult(s) to whom assigned to all activities.
- Serves as a resource person, if and when requested, to Camp Director, conferring about adults and activities.
- Alerts Camp Director to special needs of individual adults
- Fosters a positive role model for adults (respect for authority, courtesy to others, getting along, good habits, participation in all group activities, including swimming etc...)
- Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about adults as is expected of all camp staff.
- Demonstrates self-control, punctuality and responsible attitudes
- Comply with all safety and health procedures, school policies and regulations
- Insures organization of adult's personal belongings and camp equipment.
- Must participate in swimming and water activities, swimming daily with adults.
- Plan for all Music and Rhythm Activities, adjusting instruction/activities to meet specific ability levels
- Complete requisitions for purchases of needed materials
- Performs other duties as assigned
Mandatory attendance to all assigned dates and hours, no exceptions
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by Camp Director and Director of Special Program. I hereby acknowledge receiving a copy and explanation of the Job Description. I understand the performance duties and responsibilities are an integral part of
My employment and I will be subject to evaluation of my performance.
Employee Signature Date
Job Category: Student Services > School/Guidance Counselor Employer Description
Muskogee Public Schools is a public school district located in historic Muskogee, Oklahoma where Native American heritage and military history come together. Experience Native cultures at the Ataloa Lodge Museum on the Bacone College campus to see a fine private collection of Native American art, or at the Five Civilized Tribes Museum, a tribute to the tribes forced to relocate to Indian Territory. Tour a World War II submarine at the USS Batfish War Memorial Park and Museum or dive into one of three nearby lakes: Fort Gibson, Tenkiller and Eufaula.
Our Curriculum and Instruction team works with teachers and administrators to enhance the scope and quality of teaching and learning in Muskogee Public Schools through leadership, innovation, collaboration, communication and service. Learn more about us... Contact Information
- Lori Boots
- 202 W. Broadway
- Muskogee, Oklahoma 74401