KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe Opportunity
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Special Populations - Academics, the Program Manager of Special Populations is responsible for: (1) establishing and executing the KTX strategic vision for implementation of an equity-based Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) at the district, regional, and school levels (comprises approximately 80% of role); (2) establishing and executing the KTX strategic vision for Speech-Language Services (SLS; comprised approximately 20% of role); and (3) optimizing Assessment Team processes (if time allows). This position requires strong collaboration and communication skills, the ability to influence and develop productive cross-functional partnerships (e.g., with Academics, Accelerated Instruction, School Leader Managers, School Leaders, etc.) to conceptualize and carry out the work in a cohesive way.Key Responsibilities: MTSS
Key Responsibilities: Speech-Language Services
- Critically evaluate progress made toward our desired system of an equity-based MTSS and develop vision and strategic plan for what's next
- Develop Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs; e.g., utilizing SWIFT Education Center's MTSS Equity Report Card and Fidelity Integrity Assessment) to measure the health of the system and drive toward targeted improvements
- Facilitate understanding and implementation of the MTSS framework (i.e., team structures, resource mapping, data systems, and continuous improvement systems) with KTX guardrails at the district, regional, and school levels
- Build out existing MTSS standard operating procedures, tools, and resources
- Train, consult with, and provide differentiated support to school-based leadership (including MTSS leads) based on KPIs.
- Pinpoint opportunities for increased efficiency in the MTSS system at the district, regional, and school levels (e.g., ways to condense team structures; embedding interventions in existing instructional systems; system/platform for documenting MTSS data)
- Identify and develop high-performing or high-potential MTSS leads who can serve as mentors within regional communities of MTSS leads
- Collaborate with the KTX Academics team to make available a library of evidence-based, standardized tier 2 intervention protocols with predetermined activities and instructional strategies for school-based interventionists
- Promote adoption of a mindset that MTSS is critical in establishing brave and belonging spaces for all students and is the most important key lever for improving student achievement outcomes
- Establish and execute the KTX vision and strategic plan for year 4 of integrated Speech-Language Services post merge.
- Provide expertise and knowledge of SLS best practices via coaching and consulting to support as needed with problem-solving , tailored to the organization's needs, regional SLS teams, and regional special education teams to build their internal capacity to execute SLS initiativ
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits
- Belief that all students can learn, and demonstration of high expectations for all students
- Experience in strategic planning, execution of initiatives and priorities, and progress monitoring of KPIs and OKRs
- Strong achievement orientation and experience with significant autonomy in a education administration role
- Experience managing multiple complex projects simultaneously and/or projects involving cross-functional/team alignment
- Dynamic adult teaching skills and experience creating and facilitating professional development sessions, discussions, and on-the-job training
- Ability to use impact and influence to motivate functional and cross-functional teammates to action when no direct reporting relationship exists
- Excellent communication, emotional intelligence, organization, and time management skills
- Innovative, data-driven leader with a deep commitment to urban youth
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited four-year institution
- Certificate of Clinical Competence and Texas Speech-Language Pathology License
- 10+ years experience as a school-based speech-language pathologist
- 5+ years experience managing school-based speech-language pathologists and lead speech-language pathologists
- Understanding of bilingual language acquisition, evidence-based practice for evaluating, diagnosing and treating bilingual Spanish-English speakers with communication disorders, and knowledge of dialectal and language differences vs. disorders
- Ability to travel occasionally
As a full-time KIPP Texas employee you are eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas' benefit plans. KIPP Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices with competitive rates, including medical, dental, and vision options, life insurance, and disability plans.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.