Finance Services Director Duties
• Primary client contact with assigned clients to include answering charter development, structure, start-up, issues, and other miscellaneous compliance financial questions.
• Supervision and overall management of Back Office services and personnel assigned to their accounts to ensure they are in line with CSS policies and procedures.
• Overall management ensuring timeliness of all schedules: internal, client imposed, and regulated by State or other agencies
• Developing, implementing, and managing efficient financial procedures for assigned clients
• Providing input to the Charter School Success management team
• Management of CSS policies and procedures to ensure they are being followed for all types of back-office processing (examples: accounts payable, payroll, communication with client, deadlines, etc.)
• Management of Finance Managers day to day management of all back office services and CSS Finance Back office team.
CSS Finance Trainer
• Preparation/Update and submission of all monthly Texas Charter Business, financial and non-financials (as needed) “Today’s Tips”
• Preparation/Update and presentation of all monthly Texas Charter Business, financial and non-financial (as needed) webinars, conferences and site visits
Marketing and business development
• Performing marketing activities for both Charter School Success and Charter School Business Officer Certification
• Attending appropriate trainings and conferences as a Charter School Success representative and preparing a summary report of proceedings for the rest of the CSS team
• Attending at least two client Board meeting per year to present financial analyses, preferably at the Budget and Audit approval meetings
• Ensure deadlines are met per client schedule and expectations
• Consulting with clients on special projects
• Ensuring client’s questions are answered and their needs are met in a timely fashion
• Onboarding and training new Business Clients to ensure an understanding of Charter School Success procedures, policies, and systems
• Management and main point of contact of onboarding process with client
• Set initial internal onboarding CSS team meeting to determine timeline and implementation process for client
• Wrap of client onboarding process with client.
• Ensure client is happy and policies and procedures are running smoothly between CSS and client.
• Final reviewer, approval and presents final (in-person and/or teleconference) monthly financial reports for client’s Board and Administration in CSS reporting format.
• Overall management of the client general ledger ensure books are properly closed by CSS Finance Services Team.
• Final Certifier of the client monthly Expenditure Reporting – Federal Fund draws
• Final approval of all Federal Fund adjustments per the budget in Expenditure reporting to ensure budget in AIS system matches current budget in Expenditure reporting
• Final approval of all monthly journal entries for all clients (as needed)
• Final approval of all monthly budget journals (as needed)
• Internal auditor of CSS policies and procedures for all clients to ensure monthly documentation is audit ready and client shared files are up to date.
Internal Trainer to CSS team
• Onboarding, training, supervising, monitoring, and evaluating Finance Managers and Specialists to ensure an understanding and implementation of Charter School Success procedures, policies, and systems
• Weekly progress meetings with Finance Managers and staff to ensure client and CSS expectations are met on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Reviewer/Update and Trainer of all CSS policies and procedures in line with new FASRG, TEA guidelines and federal guidelines.
• Final approval of annual 1099/1096 reporting
• Final approval of annual W-2/W-3 reporting
• Final approval of annual 990 Informational Tax Return
• Final approval of annual Child Nutrition Financial Management Report
• Final approval of annual Charter FIRST Financial Management Information for required annual public charter hearing
• Final approval of next year client dropbox folders
• Final approval of next year client trend analysis reporting document to include the implementation of any changes for the new reporting year
• Final approval of PEIMS FALL Submission – Finance Budget
• Final approval of PEIMS Mid-Year Submission – Finance Audit
• Final approval of client Open Purchase Order list
• Set up and manage the budget process timeline for each client to include client communication of process, due dates, client meeting dates and board meeting dates.
• Final approval and review of the initial PrePlanning Client Tool for assigned clients before it goes to the client.
• Final approval and review of the Budget Tool used for client meeting to include initial compliance review of Maintenance of Effort (MOE), FIRST