At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential.
We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.
Rocketship Public Schools and Relay Graduate School of Education School have created a highly selective program that offers aspiring teachers the opportunity to receive high quality teacher training and practice, while also earning a Masters of Arts in Teaching and a Tennessee Teaching License. This two year teacher residency is designed for recent graduates and career changers as an innovative pathway into the teaching profession. This residency encompasses best practices with hands-on experience and one-on-one coaching. Requires enrollment in Relay Graduate School of Education 2-year Teacher Residency Program. Scholarship and financial aid opportunities are available, though they are not affiliated with Rocketship. Essential Functions: Year 1 (Resident Teacher)
Essential Functions: Year 2 and Beyond (Lead Teacher)
- Work alongside lead classroom teacher to implement core curriculum (STEM , Humanities) as well implement classroom routines and procedures with consistency
- Partner closely with lead teacher to analyze student assessment data and use data to inform instruction
- Provide differentiated small group instruction within classroom to support strong academic growth for all students
- Gradually take on more whole group teaching responsibilities including leading core lessons
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Receive teaching certification (ideally dual certification with ELL or Special Education)
- Full Time STEM or Humanities Teacher
- Responsible for the academic outcomes of 60 - 120 students
- Ongoing supports from Assistant Principals and Principal as well as well as weekly professional development sessions
- Receive Masters of Art in Teaching from Relay
Relay Program Enrollment Notes
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75+
- Ability to motivate and challenge students
- Receptive to feedback and desire to continuously improve
- Strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement
- Once accepted into your role for next year, you will have additional steps to sign up for the Relay program. More information after acceptance.
Rocketship is committed to the health and safety of our Rocketeers and complies with federal and state vaccine guidelines. For this reason, Rocketship is requiring employees in most regions, including National, California, District of Columbia, and Wisconsin employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Tennessee and Texas regions are not included in this requirement. Under this requirement, applicable employees are subject to vaccination as a condition of employment or subject to religious or medical exemptions. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high. Compensation:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy
and here for our Title IX Policy
. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Kenzie Kilb. Email: [email protected]
. Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.