KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy,
and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.Job Description
Every member of the Team & Family at KIPP Texas Public Schools plays a critical role in ensuring our students have the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose - college, career and beyond. Our educators are passionate advocates for their students and their families, working tirelessly to ensure that our students have access to opportunity. In our classrooms and across the KIPP family we embrace, honor and celebrate our differences across several characteristics that construct our unique identities in our little and big KIPPsters. We are especially committed to attracting and developing individuals who share the life experiences of our students because we believe the best work we do is grounded in the realities and experiences of our families and KIPPsters.
As a KIPP Teacher Assistant, your core responsibilities include:
1. Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher working with individual students or small groups.
2. Assist with classroom management creating an environment that is appropriate for learning.
3. Assists teacher with the planning, preparation and implementation of differentiated instruction for individual students or groups.QualificationsEducation and Knowledge:
- High School Diploma
- Must be considered Highly Qualified based on NCLB requirements. This can be verified by one of the following
- An Associate's degree
- 48 college hours
- Meet a rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate through a formal state or local assessment the knowledge of and ability to assist in the instructing reading, writing and math.
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience collaborating with team members
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Possession of a passionate and loving attitude toward all children
- Responsiveness; Follow-up and follow-through with students, families, and faculty members is essential
As a full-time KIPP Texas employee you are eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas' benefit plans. KIPP Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices with competitive rates, including medical, dental, and vision options, life insurance, and disability plans.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.