INTERVENTION SERVICES PARAEDUCATOR - 23-24North Tapps Middle School
6.5/hours day, M-FPurpose Statement:
The purpose of this position is to support North Tapps students in small groups focusing on skills with which students are struggling. This position may offer instruction focusing on modified curriculum, reteaching skills, slower paced learning and other accommodations as needed. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, instruction of students, monitor student progress, data management, preparation of materials, testing, and data collection /reporting. Collaboration with classroom teachers, school counselor, resource teachers and principal to monitor student needs and growth will also be expected.
Paraeducators work under the day-to-day direction of the staff member(s) supported, and under the direct supervision of the Principal, Principal Designee, or District Designee. Teachers and/or educational staff associates provide specific directions and oversight for supervision and/or instructional support. Paraeducators are responsible for being familiar with the school/district policies and procedures which govern their work.PRIMARY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES
- Provide instructional support and tutoring to students in small groups, and/or one-on-one in the areas of math, reading, and written language under the supervision of the classroom teacher
- Maintain confidentiality of student information
- Establish and maintain positive rapport with staff, students, and parents
- Required to follow Board policies and stay abreast of updates and changes.
- May attend building meetings and events i.e. staff meetings, open house, and/or related in-service activities/workshops
- May serve on building committees
- May attend program meetings and events, i.e. department meetings, open house, and or related in-service activities/workshops
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Perform other related duties as assigned by teacher or administrator
Please upload the following required documents:
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Pay and full benefits as per the DCPEA collective bargaining agreement.