TITLE: Classified Substitute (Community Ed)REPORTS TO
Child Care Program Manager OR Community Ed Preschool ManagerFLSA STATUS
Child Care ServicesFTE
Classified Sub Salary ScheduleAPPROVEDREVISED
Substitute for Assistant Facilitator, Child Care Facilitator, Community Ed Preschool Facilitator, Child Care Aide and/or Community Ed Preschool Aide positions by filling temporary, consecutive or intermittent vacancies. To assist in providing a well-organized, smoothly functioning environment in which students can take full advantage of the activities and available resource materials.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist as needed in substitute position.
- General assistance to other staff members.
- Follow directive from immediate supervisor.
- Consult frequently with supervisor about the needs of the position.
- Responds to new ideas, directions, methods and suggestions from immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrates professional and flexible attitude/rapport with other staff members.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, community members and vendors.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION FOR FACILITATOR AND ASSISTANT FACILITATOR:
- Valid CPR First Aid certification.
- Valid Food Handler Card
- Valid Level I Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card (FPCC)
- Provide negative tuberculosis skin test results
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE FOR COMMUNITY ED PRESCHOOL AND CHILD CARE AIDES:
- Must be 21 years of age or older and provides the licensee with documentation of one of the following:
- At least 12 months of child care experience, a high school or high school equivalency diploma, AND:
- Three (3) credit hours or more in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field from an accredited college or university, OR
- At least 30 actual hours of instruction, provided in conferences, seminars, lectures, or workshops in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field;
- At least 12 months of child care experience AND:
- An N.A.C., C.D.A., or C.C.P. credential; OR
- At least 24 credit hours from an accredited college or university, including at least six (6) credit hours in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field;
- At least six (6) months of child care experience and an associate degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field; or
- At least three months of child care experience and a bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must provide documentation of one of the following: High School diploma, G.E.D. or official transcript with degree confer date or proof of current and continuous enrollment in high school or a high school equivalency program - must be 16 years of age or older.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class require: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.Medium Work
: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Working Conditions
: Work is routinely performed in an indoor classroom and outdoor environment including exposure to loud noise and being on your feet.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
The Dysart Unified School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Civil Rights Act Title VII of 1972, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Dysart Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment or in any of its educational programs or in the provisions of benefits and services to students.