At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential.
We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.
Operations Specialists will work under the direction and supervision of the school site Business Operations Manager. This position will be responsible for lunch, recess, arrival, dismissal and general operations projects from 7:30 to 3:40pm M-F. This position is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day operations of recess at the school site run safely and smoothly. Furthermore, Operations Specialists are responsible for ensuring that students maintain culturally appropriate behavior in all operational activities. Location:
Rocketship Transformation Prep, 5501 N. 68th St. Milwaukee, WI 53218Pay:
ranges from $20.00-$21.50 per hour based on verified relevant years of experience. Does not include pay over summer break. Full time with benefits. Responsibilities
- Arrange set-up and clean-up for all food items, supplies, equipment, food preparation and serving areas
- Collect payment for food items for students and staff as needed (e.g. cash)
- Maintain cafeteria records and reports as required for the purpose of meeting local, state, and federal guidelines
- Respond to inquiries of students and parents regarding the type and/or cost of meals
- Supervise and monitor students during assigned recess periods
- Implement all site rules and safety regulations within the structure of the Rocketship classroom culture
- Report any unsafe conditions, including equipment, to administrators immediately
- Ensure a safe and effective arrival/dismissal for all students before and after school hours
- Utilize appropriate disciplinary procedures and techniques in accordance with the school site discipline plan
- Attend staff meetings and in-service training as deemed necessary for the position
- Commitment to Rocketship's mission, vision, and goals
- Passion for working with children
- Previous experience managing and/or teaching groups of elementary-age students is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to engage and work closely with a wide range of staff members
- Ability to learn laws, rules, practices and procedures related to public education and specific to Rocketship Public Schools
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
Rocketship is committed to the health and safety of our Rocketeers and complies with federal and state vaccine guidelines. For this reason, Rocketship is requiring employees in most regions, including National, California, District of Columbia, and Wisconsin employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Tennessee and Texas regions are not included in this requirement. Under this requirement, applicable employees are subject to vaccination as a condition of employment or subject to religious or medical exemptions. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high. Compensation:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy
and here for our Title IX Policy
. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Kenzie Kilb. Email: [email protected]
. Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.